Halls Accommodation for a Computer Science student

Watch
boyannn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello,

I am a 20-year old who will be studying Comp Sci next year at the Uni of Liverpool.

As I am switching to that course from a different one, I've already spent 1 year in one of the University accommodations and decided that the costs are too big to continue living here.

Could anyone reccommend me alternative halls that they've lived in and enjoyed their time in? Or maybe a good agency?

Also, if possible, I would love to have other students pursuing the same degree as flatmates. Is that something that would be possible to ask for when renting a room?
Last edited by boyannn; 4 months ago
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by boyannn)
Hello,

I am a 20-year old who will be studying Comp Sci next year at the Uni of Liverpool.

As I am switching to that course from a different one, I've already spent 1 year in one of the University accommodations and decided that the costs are too big to continue living here.

Could anyone reccommend me alternative halls that they've lived in and enjoyed their time in? Or maybe a good agency?

Also, if possible, I would love to have other students pursuing the same degree as flatmates. Is that something that would be possible to ask for when renting a room?
If you search for 'Liverpool Student Homes', the university approved landlords are on there. However, experience will vary with all of them.

You can't ask to be placed with students who study your subject. If you live with a private provider, you could be placed with anyone at all, and not necessarily first years - although you often will be if it's a big block of flats.

If you want to meet people in your year, you should live in university halls, but even then, you won't be housed with more than one person on your course in a flat.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello,

Hi there!

I would echo what Sandtrooper said, the University would either recommend their own accommodation, lots of information here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/. However it is very unlikely you will be placed with other computer science students, because the University tend to mix up students between the different course to provide opportunities to meet more people

Otherwise there are many options within the private sector, and if you follow this route make sure that you do go with a provider that is registered with Liverpool Student Home here: https://www.liverpoolstudenthomes.org/Accommodation

If you have any more questions then feel free to let me know

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I have a tenancy at Prospect Place, L6 1BA and I’m looking for someone to take up my tenancy for a classic ensuite room.

It’s in a flat of medical students and so is perfect for anyone looking for a quiet place to live. It's a 5 min walk from UoL campus with plenty of amenities around and within walking distance to the city centre.

It’s £119 ppw, with the tenancy starting on 18/09/21 and ending on 23/07/22 (44 weeks). Please contact me for any more information or pictures.

Hello,

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (12)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.87%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.62%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.84%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.25%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.49%

Watched Threads