I wrote my law dissertation in 4 days

Watch
Jason3524
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Yeah, I’m traumatised.

It was 8,800 words in total. I started my research 2 weeks prior.

If I’m being honest, I really enjoyed the experience if I look at it on the surface, which is mostly due to enjoying the topic I was writing about. I finished my dissertation 3 hours before it was due, at 7am. I feel completely empty and drained and just not good. I’m laughing as I type this. Just wanted to share my experience. I don’t recommend

## I scored 67% in case anyone was wondering
Last edited by Jason3524; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Well done on doing it - that's an incredible feat. I hope your body restores to health soon, then you can revel in the fact that its complete and you got it done!

I was in the same position but ended up not submitting mine at all because i couldn't hack it. (We get uncapped resit in the summer, so hopefully wont end up affecting my grade) but would much rather have it done so i could enjoy my summer
Hazzz01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
madd, well done!
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
This also gives me hope that i can do my 3000 word essay in a day, due on Friday lol
Jason3524
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well done on doing it - that's an incredible feat. I hope your body restores to health soon, then you can revel in the fact that its complete and you got it done!

I was in the same position but ended up not submitting mine at all because i couldn't hack it. (We get uncapped resit in the summer, so hopefully wont end up affecting my grade) but would much rather have it done so i could enjoy my summer
Haha cheers

Yeah I was in the same boat every now and then as we have the same policy, I think just the thought of doing it in the summer was what motivated me to get it done now
Jason3524
Rep:
?
This also gives me hope that i can do my 3000 word essay in a day, due on Friday lol
I believe in ya
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
0/10 for time management.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
0/10 for time management.
Okay and??? Lol
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
:party:

what was the subject?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jason3524)
Haha cheers

Yeah I was in the same boat every now and then as we have the same policy, I think just the thought of doing it in the summer was what motivated me to get it done now
That was very wise motivation haha
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Okay and??? Lol
You shows you're a bum.
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
lol pretty stupid idea but sure
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
You shows you're a bum.
Im okay if poor management makes me a bum because i still get good grades
Jason3524
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick update if anyone comes across this post. I scored 67%, and yes, I am just as shocked as you might be. A solid 2:1 for a diss written in 4 days. I'll never forget it!
Jason3524
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
:party:

what was the subject?
Law! (and business, but my dissertation was purely law based) As for the theme, it was on the doctrine on image rights in the UK and whether or not there should be a right to publicity (as there is not currently one in the UK without seeking alternative routes for image rights)
Last edited by Jason3524; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
32.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
5.88%
No I am happy with my choice (19)
55.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads