Hannay(FTGI)
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Does anyone have any recommendations of books to read for Environmental Studies BA? It’s the open Uni course that I’ll be starting, but also just for my own interest as I’m keen to know more around this subject in general. I’ve asked open uni and did t get a response.

So if anyone knows of any off the top of their head or have read for their course, or a similar course ie environmental policy etc, that would be great - TIA
nosithsgiven
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Hi, if you’re just looking for a brief overview of environmental issues, you could go for the ‘A Very Short Introduction to...’ series - there’s one on Environmental Economics, Environmental Politics, and Environmental Law. I also really liked ‘The Short Guide to Environmental Policy’ by Carolyn Snell and Gary Haq. Hope this helps
Hannay(FTGI)
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by nosithsgiven)
Hi, if you’re just looking for a brief overview of environmental issues, you could go for the ‘A Very Short Introduction to...’ series - there’s one on Environmental Economics, Environmental Politics, and Environmental Law. I also really liked ‘The Short Guide to Environmental Policy’ by Carolyn Snell and Gary Haq. Hope this helps
Haha, funny you should mention those, I stumbled across them a couple days ago when I was doing my research and bought all those you mention. I bought the ethics one instead of law, but might look at the law one later when I finish these. Thanks a lot! 😊
CharleyWinter909
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm actually wanting to start Environmental Studies in Feb at the OU, I'm worried about committing as I couldn't actually find much info on the course just the Enviro-Sci course seems to be a lot more popular but the studies course sounds more me, was just wondering how you are getting on with the course and if you have any advice about the course and starting with the OU that would be great.
sarahcobbo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’ve enrolled on the course for Feb and despite not finding much info I’m excited to start. There is some info online when you dig around and I’ve brought lots of books to read including:-The short intro booksThere’s no planet B Wilding Feral On the lookout for more if anyone has any suggestions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads