noodlestopshop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Is there such thing as A-Levels which are graded completely based off of coursework? or ones that are like 75%+ coursework (rather than exams)? I find i work A LOT better when doing coursework and don't want to sit A-Levels that are completely exam based..
Nautilus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No. Some humanities subjects have NEAs (non examined assessments), but they only represent 20% of the marks. If you prefer continuous assessments perhaps you should consider a BTEC level 3 extended diploma instead.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by noodlestopshop)
Is there such thing as A-Levels which are graded completely based off of coursework? or ones that are like 75%+ coursework (rather than exams)? I find i work A LOT better when doing coursework and don't want to sit A-Levels that are completely exam based..
Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

All A-level courses are different and also differ depending on the exam board too. However, there is subjects with a higher coursework content than exam but usually not by much. I studied design engineering which was 60% coursework and 40% exam. Generally it is subjects like design and computer based subjects that tend to have more coursework.

I hope this helps.
Ethan - UOP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
17.09%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (37)
31.62%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.26%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.11%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.27%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
23.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.71%

Watched Threads