Meds now gone up to AAB/AAA
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Meds now gone up to AAB/AAA
I think Kings recorded the biggest increase in applications of any university in the country last year, so that would be why... the university seems to be getting back on track (partly) though.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
I think Kings recorded the biggest increase in applications of any university in the country last year, so that would be why... the university seems to be getting back on track (partly) though.
Yeah. What I really can't understand though is why on earth they haven't pushed the requirements up to AAA for Law next year. They have by far enough applications to do so, and all of an excellent calibre (I've only met one law student who actually only got AAB). They don't seem to understand that the first thing many prospective students (foolishly) do when applying to uni is put the uni with the highest requirements as their first choice - thinking entrance grandes=prestige. Even QM ask for AAA!!!

Although I have heard rumours that they may be doing this next year, and they may become part of LNAT too.
Britzan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have applied to both UCL and KCL. for European Studies (at UCL they like to call it ESPS European Social and Political Studies)

It's a mixture of Politics, Culture, Language and history

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/esps/
sophieD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Since when was UCL not a part of the UoL as well? Nobody is saying KCL doesnt have prestige as it certainly does but UCL is a fair bit ahead at the moment.
yes, im well aware they are both part of the U of L, but what im saying is both places give u a U of London degree, so really there isn't THAT much advantage
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ucl...
gringalet
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Britzan)
I have applied to both UCL and KCL. for European Studies (at UCL they like to call it ESPS European Social and Political Studies)

It's a mixture of Politics, Culture, Language and history

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/esps/
I'd go for the degree you prefer the most ...and if they're very similar, I'm not sure which I'd choose!

King's seems very good with its languages, so it certainly wouldn't be any worse than UCL, and UCL probably wouldn't be any 'better', even though it does have that bit more prestige.

Come to King's with me! Ooh, how tempting...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1016)
79.13%
Leave (268)
20.87%

Watched Threads