The Student Room Group

Would you find a short guy attractive?

Would you ever go out with one? Why or why not? If you do find short guys attractive, what makes us unique and interesting? Can you envision yourself in an LTR with a short guy and would you ever marry one? Would you ever be sexually attracted and want to do sexual activities with our kind?

Scroll to see replies

If you’re short, work on being rich or highly regarded.

Anything will do.

Just make it something attractive: money, status, education, intellectual, art, music. So on.

I’m short myself. My luck w women has only come about bc of occasional wit or wise moments; people are quick to notice people who speak logical.
Original post by EconomicsStud3nt
If you’re short, work on being rich or highly regarded.

Anything will do.

Just make it something attractive: money, status, education, intellectual, art, music. So on.

I’m short myself. My luck w women has only come about bc of occasional wit or wise moments; people are quick to notice people who speak logical.

Nah man, there should be no reason to compensate. Unfortunately yes thats how we stand out, but shouldnt have to be that way
Original post by ammarqureshi55
Nah man, there should be no reason to compensate. Unfortunately yes thats how we stand out, but shouldnt have to be that

Any man, tall or short. Will have to compensate for a lack of anything to get a partner. This is normal

There are women who don’t care, but the numbers are underwhelming low. I’m just giving you what I see
Size doesn't matter, as they say. Personally, I would date a short man, but maybe not one shorter than me. This is only because I am used to having to look up at my partner. 5"9 is the average height of a man, so a "short" man would be about my height, which I'm perfectly fine with!
My fiancé is shorter than me and I find him extremely attractive, he is a very interesting, intelligent person.

There’s more to someone than their height?
I'm currently dating a guy who's shorter than me, so yes. Obviously I'm attracted to him and tbh height isn't something that matters as much as you seem to think, although personally I prefer shorter people just as an aesthetic preference.
FOCK, I was gonna comment this. You beat me to it. 😔
Original post by OctoberRain7
I'm currently dating a guy who's shorter than me, so yes. Obviously I'm attracted to him and tbh height isn't something that matters as much as you seem to think, although personally I prefer shorter people just as an aesthetic preference.

Given that you're dating someone shorter than you, don't you think you're in a tiny minority? do you not think your preferences are quite rare?
Original post by Kovalensky
Given that you're dating someone shorter than you, don't you think you're in a tiny minority? do you not think your preferences are quite rare?

Sure I'm in a minority, but that's probably to be expected in most straight couples considering how men are on average like six inches taller than women. I don't know that many people who care that much or would be awfully put off by having an opposite height difference, but it doesn't really come up for most people. I don't know how rare my preferences actually are, considering how much people are shamed for it or how shorter guys are rarer people can have them but not act on them, but tbh I don't really care about being in a minority or not. I just think short people are cute and like being big spoon but height certainly isn't a priority for me and I find it weird how people focus on any physical feature like that, if I had like a foot height gap with someone I'd maybe think that things would be impractical but otherwise it's unlikely to be a dealbreaker.
Original post by ammarqureshi55
Would you ever go out with one? Why or why not? If you do find short guys attractive, what makes us unique and interesting? Can you envision yourself in an LTR with a short guy and would you ever marry one? Would you ever be sexually attracted and want to do sexual activities with our kind?

yh
"Sexual activities with our kind" :tongue:

Like it's friggin cross breeding with a chimp :tongue:
Unlikely to be a situation I'd find myself in, I don't think I have met a guy shorter than me anyways.
Sure I'm in a minority, but that's probably to be expected in most straight couples considering how men are on average like six inches taller than women. I don't know that many people who care that much or would be awfully put off by having an opposite height difference, but it doesn't really come up for most people. I don't know how rare my preferences actually are, considering how much people are shamed for it or how shorter guys are rarer people can have them but not act on them, but tbh I don't really care about being in a minority or not. I just think short people are cute and like being big spoon but height certainly isn't a priority for me and I find it weird how people focus on any physical feature like that, if I had like a foot height gap with someone I'd maybe think that things would be impractical but otherwise it's unlikely to be a dealbreaker.

They are extremely rare unless you're like 6'3'', I assume such women don't have much choice. But very rarely have I heard a girl say they find guys shorter than them attractive (I think there's only one other woman on here who's married to a shorter man). It's always some rule like 4 inches taller or taller than them in heels or something.
Reply 14
Probably not since I’m so petite myself! I’ve never met a guy that is older or the same age as me but shorter
Depends on how "short" is being defined.
I wouldn't be attracted to a guy shorter than me, I'm 5'1.
I date guys of 5'4 and taller.
They are extremely rare unless you're like 6'3'', I assume such women don't have much choice. But very rarely have I heard a girl say they find guys shorter than them attractive (I think there's only one other woman on here who's married to a shorter man). It's always some rule like 4 inches taller or taller than them in heels or something.

Women who date taller men are a lot more likely to make it a dealbreaker, the thing is that I don't think it's a dealbreaker for most people. I only came across one person who ever specified a minimum height difference and she was extremely traditional.

Finally some reasonable voice around here!
When I point out that girls have an obsession with heights they criticise me but I am not quite sure know why... It's probably because I use the word midget... It seems that there are many girls around here around 5ft or a little over who have preferences and demands for Bigfoot like creatures. Hilarious!!

I see you have a lot of experience with dating and relationships Ms Kovalensky...
Original post by Lucifer323
Finally some reasonable voice around here!
When I point out that girls have an obsession with heights they criticise me but I am not quite sure know why... It's probably because I use the word midget... It seems that there are many girls around here around 5ft or a little over who have preferences and demands for Bigfoot like creatures. Hilarious!!

I don't think that most women are that obsessed with height, although I have noticed that those who are into giants tend to be tiny (if you want to stand on a stool to kiss your bf be my guest I guess). Ig you get to a certain height where you just accept that you're not as likely to have a stereotypical height difference and aren't really insecure about it (thinking about my bf being straight and the height of the average woman for example), but beyond that I don't really get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending