The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

BSc Nutritional Sciences 2022 - Access course question

Hey all,

I'm a mature student hoping to apply for 2022 entry to the above course. I have A levels but they're not science based so I am going to start an Access course in September.

Due to working full-time and being in my early 30's I can't afford to return to education full-time until I go to university so I'm hoping to do the Access course online.

The only one I can find that is funded by the Advanced Learner Loan is Access Course for Allied Health Professionals. I would have to pay privately for an Access to Science course which I am willing to do but would prefer not to if possible (for obvious reasons!)

I have emailed KCL as their admissions phoneline isn't open at the moment but has been a few days so I wondered if anyone knows, or has any experience with this Access course and whether it's suitable for me to apply to KCL for Nutritional Sciences?

I know they used to have a Nutrition & Dietetics course which I'd be more confident applying to as Dieticians are a recognised AHP.

Thanks!
Original post by victoriagaffers
Hey all,

I'm a mature student hoping to apply for 2022 entry to the above course. I have A levels but they're not science based so I am going to start an Access course in September.

Due to working full-time and being in my early 30's I can't afford to return to education full-time until I go to university so I'm hoping to do the Access course online.

The only one I can find that is funded by the Advanced Learner Loan is Access Course for Allied Health Professionals. I would have to pay privately for an Access to Science course which I am willing to do but would prefer not to if possible (for obvious reasons!)

I have emailed KCL as their admissions phoneline isn't open at the moment but has been a few days so I wondered if anyone knows, or has any experience with this Access course and whether it's suitable for me to apply to KCL for Nutritional Sciences?

I know they used to have a Nutrition & Dietetics course which I'd be more confident applying to as Dieticians are a recognised AHP.

Thanks!

I don't do Nutritional Sciences but you can definitely get into KCL with an Access course because I certainly did :smile: Please apply!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Amanderrr
I don't do Nutritional Sciences but you can definitely get into KCL with an Access course because I certainly did :smile: Please apply!

Fab, thank you for replying! :smile:
Original post by victoriagaffers
Hey all,

Thanks!

Hi, this may be a bit late, but I am starting nutrition science at KCL this September and I was accepted after doing Access to science at my local college.
Original post by joanneg76
Hi, this may be a bit late, but I am starting nutrition science at KCL this September and I was accepted after doing Access to science at my local college.

Hi Joanne, my daughter has got an offer to study nutritional sciences at kings, could you let me know how you found the course so far and how the teaching and modules are, how is the timetable for the course, is it spaced out or quite intense regards to workload and what are you hoping to do once the course ends, further studies or employment? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks reena

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending