Official University of Leicester 2022 Applicant ThreadWatch
Thanks for visiting our official University of Leicester 2022 Applicant Thread. Here, you can find other applicants who are also considering the University of Leicester – some may even be considering the same course as you! You can also ask us any questions that you may have about the University of Leicester in general – what it’s like to study here, student life, accommodation…
We thought we would start the thread with some questions for you:
What course are you thinking of applying for?
How do you feel about starting university in 2022?
Are you moving away to Leicester, or are you thinking of being a commuter student?
To find out lots more about the University of Leicester, head to Leicester: On Demand where you can hear more from academics, current students and find out more about applying to university. You can also keep up-to-date with our upcoming Open Days, or find out more about visiting us for a campus tour.
We look forward to chatting to you all below!
More about the University of Leicester
We've been talking to one of our current students, Anita, to find out a bit more about why she loves living (and studying) in Leicester. Anita has told us so many great things from places to grab a nice bite to eat, to the best outdoor spaces right on her doorstep. We thought we'd share some of her favourite things to do with you all on here too, as you begin to choose your university choices.
Anita's favourite things about Leicester:
1) Shopping! There are loads of the usual chain stores in High Cross Shopping Centre, as well as quirky independent stores, vintage shops and charity shops. There's also a new area in the city centre which is home to lots of vintage stores which is really cool.
2) There's loads of fun places to go when you're not studying - Caddyshackers (mini golf), Bounce Trampoline Park and Lane 7 (arcade, bowling and mini golf) are some top picks
3) There's lots of green space around to get some fresh air - Victoria Park (right on the university's doorstep) and Bradgate Park which is huge and full of wildlife including deer! Abbey Park is also nearby too.
4) Sports, sports and more sports - there's so much choice for sports fans - from Leicester City FC, to Leicester Tigers and also home to the oldest basketball club in Britain - Leicester Riders. Oadby Racecourse is also nearby!
5) Spoilt for food and drink options - there are so many nice places to eat out in Leicester, as well as good pubs and clubs. There's so much variety, but also some perfect options too for when you're on a budget too.
Those were Anita's top five things about living in Leicester - if you have any questions for Anita on what it's like to live, or study in Leicester, you can reply to this message and Anita will respond shortly.
If you'd like to find out more about what life in Leicester is like, you can click here.
Looking forward to chatting to you soon!