The Student Room Group

student finance

Hey everyone! I dont know whether im going to uni or not this year as I haven't got any offers for the course I want to do. However I was told to still apply for student finance and was just curious as to how it all works...
1) when does the money start coming in?
2) what happens if you change to a different uni through clearing (for exmaple If I select Warwick in the application as you NEED to put down a uni but I get in through clearing at Bristol for my course)?
3) what happens if I initially put 'staying at home' on the application but I end up moving out?
4) what happens if I decide to take a gap year?
Original post by firephoenix
Hey everyone! I dont know whether im going to uni or not this year as I haven't got any offers for the course I want to do. However I was told to still apply for student finance and was just curious as to how it all works...
1) when does the money start coming in?
2) what happens if you change to a different uni through clearing (for exmaple If I select Warwick in the application as you NEED to put down a uni but I get in through clearing at Bristol for my course)?
3) what happens if I initially put 'staying at home' on the application but I end up moving out?
4) what happens if I decide to take a gap year?

1) The money starts coming in when you've officially enrolled into uni which is usually the start of term. If you're living in halls, you usually move up a week before term starts so you probably won't have your loan for a week or two after you've moved in. After your application has been approved, you get a payment schedule which tells you how much to expect on each instalment and the week it will come in.
2) You can amend your application after results day and change unis if you end up changing your mind/ not making your firm.
3) I'm not too sure about this one but I'd imagine you can amend this info like you can amend the uni.
4) If you take a gap year you can just cancel your application as soon as know you don't want to go to uni this year and just reapply for student finance again next year or whenever you end up going.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending