Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I found the 2020 papers for science and the Markscheme. I used them to help me get top grades, i believe 3 9's or an 8/9/9 from a 6/7/7 or a 6/6/7 i can't remember back in November. I know it was was wrong. When I did the biology papers I didn't think they would be the 2020 ones but once i realised they were I still continued to use those papers. I feel guilty and I understand full well what I did was wrong.

My science teacher said they'll be moderating the papers to see if anybody found the Ms and I don't know what to do if she realises I cheated. Should I come clean if they find out? Deny? I want to do bio/Chem a level at my school work I'm worried that if they think I cheated i won't get accepted onto the science courses. I think it will be more obvious i cheated since my previous marks don't suggest I could have gotten such high grades.
What do I do if I get caught?
lukef2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if you give me the paper they will let you off
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you repeat the markscheme verbatim or reword?
cleveranimal56
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lukef2)
if you give me the paper they will let you off
Shut up kid.
cleveranimal56
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I found the 2020 papers for science and the Markscheme. I used them to help me get top grades, i believe 3 9's or an 8/9/9 from a 6/7/7 or a 6/6/7 i can't remember back in November. I know it was was wrong. When I did the biology papers I didn't think they would be the 2020 ones but once i realised they were I still continued to use those papers. I feel guilty and I understand full well what I did was wrong.

My science teacher said they'll be moderating the papers to see if anybody found the Ms and I don't know what to do if she realises I cheated. Should I come clean if they find out? Deny? I want to do bio/Chem a level at my school work I'm worried that if they think I cheated i won't get accepted onto the science courses. I think it will be more obvious i cheated since my previous marks don't suggest I could have gotten such high grades.
What do I do if I get caught?
Deny it, it's not cheating necessarily. You happened upon the paper, and chose to use it. It wasn't as if you went out with the intention to cheat. You should defend those grades.
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I used someone else's dissertation during master's using their results and data i just recorded it making sure it had a low similarity%. they never found out. the data I used was a screenshot so the system couldn't pick it up
Last edited by Proxenus; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
Did you repeat the markscheme verbatim or reword?
No, when I marked the paper I corrected it by writing model answers. Maybe once or twice per paper but I used my own words
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
Deny it, it's not cheating necessarily. You happened upon the paper, and chose to use it. It wasn't as if you went out with the intention to cheat. You should defend those grades.
Thank you, I feel so guilty because I feel I should have said something when I realised I'd seen those papers before. My other classes used school made exams mostly so I didn't expect it.

If I deny it, no one can prove it right?
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No, when I marked the paper I corrected it by writing model answers. Maybe once or twice per paper but I used my own words
If it was in your own words and demonstrated coherent understanding, I somewhat doubt you will get caught. It is not totally infeasible that someone would go from a 6 or 7 in november to an 8 or 9.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
If it was in your own words and demonstrated coherent understanding, I somewhat doubt you will get caught. It is not totally infeasible that someone would go from a 6 or 7 in november to an 8 or 9.
They told us the topics too so I focused on those topics. It's easier to get an 8 when you need to know 20 topics rather than unseen ones I guess.
But I'm worried that it might be obvious I cheated. I don't think it is but who knows how they'll see it?

Thank you for your reassurance
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Proxenus)
I used someone else's dissertation during master's using their results and data i just recorded it making sure it had a low similarity%. they never found out
That's both terrifying and impressive
cleveranimal56
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you, I feel so guilty because I feel I should have said something when I realised I'd seen those papers before. My other classes used school made exams mostly so I didn't expect it.

If I deny it, no one can prove it right?
How on earth can they lol? It's not like they're gonna sweep your search history or something. Tbh your school is partly to blame for putting such a lack of efforts into creating the exams. Enjoy the lucky break, don't stress it.
Anonymous #1
How on earth can they lol? It's not like they're gonna sweep your search history or something. Tbh your school is partly to blame for putting such a lack of efforts into creating the exams. Enjoy the lucky break, don't stress it.
I think I accessed the biology paper on my school's account (like,my Microsoft acc) but they won't check tbh. Plus it was on my device
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
They told us the topics too so I focused on those topics. It's easier to get an 8 when you need to know 20 topics rather than unseen ones I guess.
But I'm worried that it might be obvious I cheated. I don't think it is but who knows how they'll see it?

They'll know of your grades are massively different and won't count them or give you more tests.
Anonymous #1
I think I accessed the biology paper on my school's account (like,my Microsoft acc) but they won't check tbh. Plus it was on my device
Thank you, I appreciate it
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Unless the mark is massively anomalous, I don't think you should worry too much.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
They'll know of your grades are massively different and won't count them or give you more tests.
So if they do give me another test and I don't do as well, would they cancel my whole gcse?
(YSM)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
they can't stop you from going on the internet
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _gcx)
Unless the mark is massively anomalous, I don't think you should worry too much.
I think it does seem like it yho
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
So if they do give me another test and I don't do as well, would they cancel my whole gcse?
No, probably give a grade that reflects your real ability.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads