The Student Room Group

Fed up of being undermined

I’m not sure how many other trainees have felt this. There is currently another teacher who continually undermines me as a trainee and it really pees me off.

There’s so many times I feel she just likes to assert her authority over me for no reason or has a really abrupt mannerism when explaining things to me. Like I’m stupid.

Today a student literally ran away from me when he had a detention to sit I tried to get him to come back and sit his detention. Instead he just kept running. So I just gave up. Then I came back up to form and he was walking past so I said you need to go and sit your detention now. The other teacher said go to your detention so I said if you’re not gonna go it’s up to you and she said mention it to the form tutor and she can log it.

So I came back and said to the form tutor he won’t sit the detention he ran off I’m just letting you know so you can log it. She said “so there’s nothing we need to *log* that’s not a thing. We just make them sit the whole say out tomorrow. So there’s nothing to *log* at all”

I then just said “I’m just saying what I’ve been told I’m not fully sure how it all works as I have no access to the online system”

This isn’t even the first time she’s been rude
Who do you feel (bar the student, obviously) has been rude in this scenario? I'm not quite following.
Original post by w678
I’m not sure how many other trainees have felt this. There is currently another teacher who continually undermines me as a trainee and it really pees me off.

There’s so many times I feel she just likes to assert her authority over me for no reason or has a really abrupt mannerism when explaining things to me. Like I’m stupid.

Today a student literally ran away from me when he had a detention to sit I tried to get him to come back and sit his detention. Instead he just kept running. So I just gave up. Then I came back up to form and he was walking past so I said you need to go and sit your detention now. The other teacher said go to your detention so I said if you’re not gonna go it’s up to you and she said mention it to the form tutor and she can log it.

So I came back and said to the form tutor he won’t sit the detention he ran off I’m just letting you know so you can log it. She said “so there’s nothing we need to *log* that’s not a thing. We just make them sit the whole say out tomorrow. So there’s nothing to *log* at all”

I then just said “I’m just saying what I’ve been told I’m not fully sure how it all works as I have no access to the online system”

Maybe it was her tone because what she said doesn't seem rude (to me), but if you feel she is treating you in a way that upsets you, you should tell her about it.
Original post by UneBellePatience
Maybe it was her tone because what she said doesn't seem rude (to me), but if you feel she is treating you in a way that upsets you, you should tell her about it.

There’s about 4 weeks left now I don’t think I have the energy. But it came across rude and dismissive
Original post by w678
There’s about 4 weeks left now I don’t think I have the energy. But it came across rude and dismissive

I see. I guess once you're done with your training you won't have anyone in a higher position trying to undermine you right? :smile: good luck with it!
I see. I guess once you're done with your training you won't have anyone in a higher position trying to undermine you right? :smile: good luck with it!

Hahahahahahaha.

Although I don't think the other teacher was trying to undermine OP. But the idea that no-one undermines you re behaviour once you're qualified is a joke.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Hahahahahahaha.

Although I don't think the other teacher was trying to undermine OP. But the idea that no-one undermines you re behaviour once you're qualified is a joke.

That's true, sorry.
That's true, sorry.

PRSOM!

Sorry, I've had a bit of a week of it!
Original post by w678

It's obviously not the best situation that you feel undermined but you will get difficult people, both students and teachers no matter how qualified or experienced you are

That's just humans for you
PRSOM!

Sorry, I've had a bit of a week of it!

Sorry what does PRSOM mean :smile:
Sorry what does PRSOM mean :smile:

Please rate some other member- it means I've given you rep too recently to rep your post again.
(edited 2 years ago)
[QUOTE="SarcAndSpark;95237964"]Hahahahahahaha.

Although I don't think the other teacher was trying to undermine OP. But the idea that no-one undermines
Hahahahahahaha.

It’s a joke if you stick around in workplaces that don’t value staff. You’re not always gonna agree with staff per se but there are places that do have well mannered individuals. Maybe you’re part of the minority🤷*♀️

I’m not sure if that’s meant to be sarcastic or genuinely polite?
Please rate some other member- it means I've given you rep too recently to rep your post again.

Oh i see. Thank you :smile:
Original post by w678
I’m not sure if that’s meant to be sarcastic or genuinely polite?

It was genuine but not a galaxy brain moment haha sorry :smile:
Original post by w678

It’s a joke if you stick around in workplaces that don’t value staff. You’re not always gonna agree with staff per se but there are places that do have well mannered individuals. Maybe you’re part of the minority🤷*♀️

I don't see what any of this has to do with manners.

There are very few schools, in my opinion, where you will not sometimes get undermined WRT behaviour.

Although I don't really see how you've been undermined.

ETA: Undermined is when the kid goes to their form tutor or HoY or member of SLT and gets the detention removed.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending