The Student Room Group

final year - have i thrown it all away?

Hi,

So up until the last two months i have been working so hard and i was making such good progress. Second year i came out with a first, and the last 6 of my assignments in final year have all been firsts , giving me hope that i could graduate with that.

But the last two months have just been so awful, i dont know what happened to me i became severely de-motivated and unable to do any work. I didn't submit my dissertation (only had 1k words) and had an essay due today which was 3k and haven't done that either. It's crazy, usually the pressure of a deadline would push me to complete it, its never been like this.

Maybe its because of the policy where we get to resit in the summer with uncapped marks, but i'm worried how i will even work over the summer because i can't tell my parents, so ill have to pretend and do it when they can't see me. Is it still possible for me to do well? I know only i can answer that, i just need some reassurance :frown: i just feel so guilty and angry at myself.

I have an exam next week and i'm going to try my best for that, despite my lack of commitment these last two months. But the essay and the dissertation i will have to resit.

I want to do a masters but that is in 2022 so hopefully this won't affect that. My performance these last two months don't reflect my overall progress i hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending