The Student Room Group

ATAS clearance issue

Hey guys!

Im one of the anxious sort so this question might come as a little hasty. However, I applied for ATAS on 18th of April'21 and I still haven't received my certificate. Should I contact them through mail or should I wait it out?

Regards,
Shristi

Scroll to see replies

I applied on 30th April and haven't heard back either. I think it can take 30 days or more?
Reply 2
Original post by AliceSwann
I applied on 30th April and haven't heard back either. I think it can take 30 days or more?

Thats what the site says, yes. Can take 30 working days or even more considering the situation. Lets wait it out, I'm sure we'll get it!
Reply 3
I applied the same time, haven’t received it yet. Have you tried emailing them yet?
Reply 4
Original post by akshar96
I applied the same time, haven’t received it yet. Have you tried emailing them yet?

No, I haven't actually. My counselor mentioned how it might take up to 6 weeks and that I should wait it out for now. But Im still anxious :P
Original post by Shristi1399
Thats what the site says, yes. Can take 30 working days or even more considering the situation. Lets wait it out, I'm sure we'll get it!

Okie! I also get anxious easily, I guess it's better if we watch out for each other :tongue: What are you applying for btw? PhD or master's?
Reply 6
Okie! I also get anxious easily, I guess it's better if we watch out for each other :tongue: What are you applying for btw? PhD or master's?

I know a guy who recently got his ATAS, 4weeks after his expected date, so, in 8 weeks
I know a guy who recently got his ATAS, 4weeks after his expected date, so, in 8 weeks

That is so long!!!😭 Congrats to him tho!!
Reply 8
Question guys, did you receive a confirmation email after you submitted your applications? Cuz in my case I did not receive any. It only shows on the website that an application (with a reference number) is 'submitted'.

I also do not have access to what I submitted, just the name of the program/university & a reference number. Is this normal or am I missing something?
Reply 9

I have applied for Masters actually. What about you?

Wow. Thats real long! I have a friend who applied along with me and received the certificate by 15th of this month!
That is so long!!!😭 Congrats to him tho!!

I freaking know right! I hope we all receive it real soon!
Original post by rana.amr
Question guys, did you receive a confirmation email after you submitted your applications? Cuz in my case I did not receive any. It only shows on the website that an application (with a reference number) is 'submitted'.

I also do not have access to what I submitted, just the name of the program/university & a reference number. Is this normal or am I missing something?

That's how it is for me exactly. I don't think it's a cause of worry per se!
I have applied for Masters actually. What about you?

I applied for a programme change, I was on a BSc course and I switched to MSci because it saves money. Fingers crossed we won't wait too long! We don't have published papers to look through right 😂(Or maybe you do?)
I applied for a programme change, I was on a BSc course and I switched to MSci because it saves money. Fingers crossed we won't wait too long! We don't have published papers to look through right 😂(Or maybe you do?)

Nah, I don't. Covid messed us that way. But since it's UK, you wouldn't have a problem even without a published paper. So, keep your hopes up!
That's how it is for me exactly. I don't think it's a cause of worry per se!

Thank you @Shristi1399 ... So as for the result of the application, should I expect it to appear on the website or just through mail? I mean, should I stop checking my account on the website and just wait for an email :smile:?
Thank you @Shristi1399 ... So as for the result of the application, should I expect it to appear on the website or just through mail? I mean, should I stop checking my account on the website and just wait for an email :smile:?

Yes it will come through an email
Nah, I don't. Covid messed us that way. But since it's UK, you wouldn't have a problem even without a published paper. So, keep your hopes up!

HAHAHA I wouldn't have published a paper even without covid 🤣 What subject are you studying though? I'm doing physics

I literally check the site 5 to 6 times a day along with my spam folder. So, I really have no idea :frown:
Has anyone received ATAS yet?

Quick Reply