King's College or Cass for Accounting and Finance (undergraduate)?

Watch
adamikodym
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey, I have just received an offer from both KCL and Cass (Bayes) Business School (City University) to study Accounting and Finance and I have a really hard time making a decision between them

I find KCL's name to be a lot more prestigious, which can be an advantage, especially in the earlier days of building a career. I also find it to be a safer choice as the university has a better reputation. What I find interesting about Cass is their overall great connection to companies. The career advice and work experiences (such as their micro placements) a student can gain during their studies seem to be better at Cass, however, it all seems a bit too good to be true. Especially considering that their course structure seems a bit more niche than that of KCL, which might make it a lot more interesting, however, it might also mean that it's a bit too gimmicky for it to be good. King's on the other hand does not provide the option for a placement while studying (at least none that I heard off). They do offer career advice such as helping with your CV and applying for intersnhips, but that seems to be it, which makes it pretty shoddy in comparison to Cass

Is there anything that I am overlooking?

Have any of you guys had to make this decision before?
Are there any people studying this course at either university who are willing to tell me their opinion on their course?
Or is there perhaps anyone who has an opinion worth sharing?

Your feedback would be really helpful to me as I find this to be a very tough decision to make and.

Thanks a lot
Amanderrr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You might benefit from City more as it has an established business school - KCL's business school is still fairly new and not as reputable
I don't think going for prestige is worth much, as KCL isn't exactly a good ranking university for A&F. You're better off with the connections instead of the reputation. Besides, I think Cass offers placement?
adamikodym
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Amanderrr)
You might benefit from City more as it has an established business school - KCL's business school is still fairly new and not as reputable
I don't think going for prestige is worth much, as KCL isn't exactly a good ranking university for A&F. You're better off with the connections instead of the reputation. Besides, I think Cass offers placement?
Thanks for your response. My thought process is quite similar to yours. Have you perhaps had any experience from either uni or have you heard from anyone attending this course over there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (23)
13.14%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.86%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.14%
I need help with my personal statement (73)
41.71%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.43%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.71%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
8%

Watched Threads