The Student Room Group

Don't want to do engineering but all my offers are for it.

What do I do if I no longer want to do the course I've applied to do? I've sort of come to the realisation I might not want to do engineering as a career but my choices are all for engineering and I'm having a bit of a crisis about what I want to do.
Original post by Tomf03
What do I do if I no longer want to do the course I've applied to do? I've sort of come to the realisation I might not want to do engineering as a career but my choices are all for engineering and I'm having a bit of a crisis about what I want to do.

(I'm presuming by choices you mean UCAS undergrad courses)

If you are happy with your choice of unis but not your courses, you can contact them to see if they will switch you to another course. The earlier that you do this, the more likely they wil be able to accomodate a change. Of course, you'll need to decide what course you'd rather do first.

It might be worth having a chat with a parent or tutor. Explain your current thinking and see if they have any advice. It's normal to have second thoughts, uni is a big commitment of time and money, but ther's no point enrolling on a course you don't think you'll be happy with.

Sometimes it's better to take a gap, save some money and use the time to weigh up your options.
Leave now while you have the chance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending