How do I delete a thread/forum on TSR?

Watch this thread
GST1_m4n543
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Someone help me I accidently started a thread in the wrong forum.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
You can edit the post and there will be an option to delete it. Alternatively, you can report it and ask a moderator to delete it for you.
GST1_m4n543
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I tried what you said about editing it but there seems to be no delete button. Also how do you report?
Rufus The Red
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GST1_m4n543)
I tried what you said about editing it but there seems to be no delete button. Also how do you report?
There isn't an option to delete your thread, but the mods can do it for you if you report the post.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GST1_m4n543)
Click "report" next to where it states the date of the message. You can definitely delete posts but maybe I was mistaken about whether you can delete the first post of a thread.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
There isn't an option to delete your thread, but the mods can do it for you if you report the post.
Threads can never be deleted, they are moved to a place that I believe can only be viewed by moderators.
Report is the flag in the top-right corner of every post or thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (13)
16.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.46%

Watched Threads