AQA A-level Chemistry: Origin of Stereoisomerism

Watch this thread
ARMY101
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What does it mean when the AQA A-level Chemistry says “ MS 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3: Students understand the origin of E–Z isomerism” I’ve seen an exam question were it uses the phrase “origin in isomerism” but I don’t know to even begin to answer.
You can find the link here where it talks of it here. https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scie...stry/isomerism
Any help would be much appreciated.
pwk123
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ARMY101)
What does it mean when the AQA A-level Chemistry says “ MS 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3: Students understand the origin of E–Z isomerism” I’ve seen an exam question were it uses the phrase “origin in isomerism” but I don’t know to even begin to answer.
You can find the link here where it talks of it here. https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scie...stry/isomerism
Any help would be much appreciated.
when does e-z isomerism occur?
hiiiiiiiiiiii2
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
from restricted rotation about a carbon-carbon double bond
Last edited by hiiiiiiiiiiii2; 1 year ago
pwk123
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hiiiiiiiiiiii2)
from restricted rotation about a carbon-carbon double bond
correct.
i'd also add on the fact that there are 2 different priority groups on each carbon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (41)
68.33%
No (15)
25%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
6.67%

Watched Threads