?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I want to find a job, but don't know, where
midnightskies0
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How old are you and are you thinking part time or full time? Most jobs require you to be over either 16 or 18 depending on where it is. However, I managed to find a job at 15 because I rang up a local business and just asked - I did a work experience placement first there and then they offered me a job!

Indeed is probably the best place to find jobs at larger chains but some smaller businesses may take you on if you ring them up and ask.

If you don't know where, good options for young people are in shops, cafes or restaurants. Keep in mind a lot of supermarkets require you to be over 18 so if you're younger maybe go for even a post office or corner shop. It might be useful if you have a family member or friend working somewhere like this to put in a good word for you.

Because of covid, I know there aren't many jobs around at the moment and they are very competitive so you may have to just go with what you can get.

Good luck!!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a tip- get some useful career books. Focus on your skills and what to do in order to improve yourself. Take some courses, set goals and look around for jobs. You can check your newspapers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads