I´ve got the hots for my doc - Don´t judge, just advise

Watch
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Take a cold shower and cool down from the doctor infatuation.
Doctors, teachers, priests and family members are strictly off-limits.
priests AND FAMILY MEMBERS 😂😂 dying
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
...Doctors, teachers, priests and family members are strictly off-limits....
Agree with family members... but the first three categories are not off-limits if your relationship with them is not (and has never been) professional :yes:

Otherwise, these people would never have relationships! :cry:
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I can promise you he doesn’t like you.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Making small talk, joking and laughing with patients isn’t necessarily an indicator that he likes you - its simply a method of building rapport with patients.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Agree with family members... but the first three categories are not off-limits if your relationship with them is not (and has never been) professional :yes:

Otherwise, these people would never have relationships! :cry:
You'd really consider hooking up with a priest or dating one? :eek4:
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You'd really consider hooking up with a priest or dating one? :eek4:
If I were a priest or a nun... maybe? (This is a joke btw)

But doctors - I mean they aren't that bad, honest :sadnod:
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No chance :no:
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I wouldn´t be his patient anymore; and if he´s also interested I don´t see a problem
He'd still get in trouble for it if someone found out.

Personally I think that's ridiculous I don't think there's any imbalance of power or potential for abuse just because someone was once your doctor, but its how it works for them. He could lose his job.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
Sounds kinda Stockholm syndrome
Pyruvic Acid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's like situational judgement from the UCAT all over again.

But seriously though, don't do it.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
If you really like him, leave him alone.

He could get into serious trouble for any unprofessional relationship with a patient - current or previous.
if it was this bad surely no one would EVER date a patient tho?

So, I´m 20 and I´ve got a thing for my doctor. I´m now thinking about telling him I want to go to another doctor; because of course any personal contact would be highly illegal if I were to stay his patient.
The thing is, I think he likes me too.
It all started when I was 18/19 and I instantly felt attracted to him. It´s so weird because I was talking about stress with studying etc. and he told me ´I seemed pretty tense atm, or whether this may be due to another reason?´ And then he gave me a cheeky smile haha. And I said, yes, I think it´s because of another reason.
Maybe I blushed, idk how he could tell.
A few years passed; and I went there again, totally neutral; because well, he´s my doctor. I didn´t have any feelings or something, until the last couple of times I went there.
I don´t know whether it´s my imagination but GEEZ, he stares at me with such an intensity and this damn smile. And he always makes small talk with me, jokes, laughs - and then I crushed on him again. I don´t think I imagined this tbh because like I said, I was totally neutral up until I felt like he remembered this one first conversation about being tense.

I don´t know how to proceed. I can´t tell anyone; I wouldn´t jeopardize his career oc, so I´ll change doctors. He´s single and I want nothing more than to get him into bed ASAP

How would I go about that? Tell him, this is my last appointment there; I like your gorgeous hair? XD I need subtle, safe ideas
And NO I don´t want a relationship, just some hot adventure, he´s around 35, so way too old for relationship anyway
rather than saying 'ur hair is cute' I'd say find a way of bringing up his (potential) wife/girlfriend if the moment is right, this sends a message right away. for example "oh cool, are you going with your wife?"
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You're 20, there are thousands of great guys out there you would like and some of them you will like just as much as you like this Doctor and probably more so.

Take advantage of the fact that things are opening up a little and start getting out there.

In a few months' time, you will be with someone really nice and the Doctor will just be a memory.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
if it was this bad surely no one would EVER date a patient tho?..
The GMC will state that the official position is = no doctor should ever date a patient - current or previous.

Even if you met your partner and then they become your patient by coincidence, you would refer them to someone else.

That's how strict the rules are.

Obviously - the rules are different if you met outside of a doctor-patient relationship. For example, doctors are allowed to use Tinder, or go on dates with their friends!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
Hotcubey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have been in a similar situation as a college advisor, and the girl handled it so well, we have been together for almost 5 years and got University approval. Now, I know it isn't the same as a doctor, but a little communication can go a long way.

First, my girl switched advisors. That happens all the time, so I thought nothing of it. After she established a relationship with her new advisor, she waited for me after work one day and walked with me to my car, explaining that she had feelings for me, and that is why she did it. The key here was to not put anything in writing.

We started talking regularly, and we kept everything we did a secret. After a year, we filled out the student/employee relationship paperwork, and since I had no power over her and she did not feel pressured, it was approved.

Now, you are looking for a one nighter. That is easier. Switch docs. Meet him after work, tell him what you want, kiss him, and you are off to the races.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
maybe just tell you think you have a problem with your vagina or something and say maybe you should examine it?
if it was this bad surely no one would EVER date a patient tho?

rather than saying 'ur hair is cute' I'd say find a way of bringing up his (potential) wife/girlfriend if the moment is right, this sends a message right away. for example "oh cool, are you going with your wife?"
He told me he´s single ^^ Thanks, that´s literally the only response that answers my question. I know he´s single, I get the feeling he´s interested (although random people on the internet who weren´t there obviously know better than me lol); so, just thinking about how to go about it - maybe tell him I found he was a good doctor? Make a joke that if he wasn´t my doctor, I would totally have gone for a drink? idk
CountBread
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
He told me he´s single ^^ Thanks, that´s literally the only response that answers my question. I know he´s single, I get the feeling he´s interested (although random people on the internet who weren´t there obviously know better than me lol); so, just thinking about how to go about it - maybe tell him I found he was a good doctor? Make a joke that if he wasn´t my doctor, I would totally have gone for a drink? idk
Plenty of people have answered your question you just didn't like their answers.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kovalensky)
Plenty of people have answered your question you just didn't like their answers
Can you actually read? In the title, it says that I don´t what judgement but advice on how I can show interest. And so far, only 1 person has answered my question. So, yep, I´m not happy about the responses
CountBread
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Can you actually read? In the title, it says that I don´t what judgement but advice on how I can show interest. And so far, only 1 person has answered my question. So, yep, I´m not happy about the responses
Someone telling you not to get involved with your doctor isn't ''judgement'', they can get into trouble. Don't you respect that?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hotcubey)
I have been in a similar situation as a college advisor, and the girl handled it so well, we have been together for almost 5 years and got University approval. Now, I know it isn't the same as a doctor, but a little communication can go a long way.

First, my girl switched advisors. That happens all the time, so I thought nothing of it. After she established a relationship with her new advisor, she waited for me after work one day and walked with me to my car, explaining that she had feelings for me, and that is why she did it. The key here was to not put anything in writing.

We started talking regularly, and we kept everything we did a secret. After a year, we filled out the student/employee relationship paperwork, and since I had no power over her and she did not feel pressured, it was approved.

Now, you are looking for a one nighter. That is easier. Switch docs. Meet him after work, tell him what you want, kiss him, and you are off to the races.
Thank you, I´m glad it worked out with you and your girl! When I tell him I want to switch docs, he probably asks me why. I thought about just telling him because I´m attracted to him - and then, if he really is interested, he´ll probably give me his phone number or something? Because I might seem like a stalker if I wait for him in front of his office if I don´t go there anymore haha.
Anonymous #1
Thank you, I´m glad it worked out with you and your girl! When I tell him I want to switch docs, he probably asks me why. I thought about just telling him because I´m attracted to him - and then, if he really is interested, he´ll probably give me his phone number or something? Because I might seem like a stalker if I wait for him in front of his office if I don´t go there anymore haha.
But I don´t want to be too blunt of course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (224)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.63%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.36%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9.09%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.55%

Watched Threads