I´ve got the hots for my doc - Don´t judge, just advise

Watch
Anonymous #5
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Like I said, I´ll change doctors ASAP so I won´t be his patient anymore, hence it would be 100 percent legal
Nope. Doctors are advised by the GMC not to date anyone who has ever been their patient. Even if he is attracted to you, he will not date you if he has any sense.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kovalensky)
Someone telling you not to get involved with your doctor isn't ''judgement'', they can get into trouble. Don't you respect that?
I think you're forgetting that other than being a doctor, he's also an adult male - surely if he managed to get through med school, he's smart enough to decide for himself whether or not he wants to date a patient/ex-patient

He told me he´s single ^^ Thanks, that´s literally the only response that answers my question. I know he´s single, I get the feeling he´s interested (although random people on the internet who weren´t there obviously know better than me lol); so, just thinking about how to go about it - maybe tell him I found he was a good doctor? Make a joke that if he wasn´t my doctor, I would totally have gone for a drink? idk
even if you know he's single, I'd still bring up a girlfriend/wife in a casual way if the opportunity strikes, just because it sends a message that you're interested if you want to go for it then you can also say what u mentioned, or if you ever talk about restaurants/pubs etc, you could casually say "too bad you're my doctor cause I'd love for you to show me X (a place)"
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
Nope. Doctors are advised by the GMC not to date anyone who has ever been their patient. Even if he is attracted to you, he will not date you if he has any sense.
discouraged/advised not to =/= forbidden

"Green light for doctors to date former patients so long as they use their 'professional judgement' to decide if it is appropriate"

"In the United Kingdom, the General Medical Council once discouraged physicians from having romantic relationships with any former patient. That changed in 2013, however, though the council did update its guidelines to include factors a doctor should consider before going down that path".
Anonymous #5
Report 4 months ago
discouraged/advised not to =/= forbidden

"Green light for doctors to date former patients so long as they use their 'professional judgement' to decide if it is appropriate"

"In the United Kingdom, the General Medical Council once discouraged physicians from having romantic relationships with any former patient. That changed in 2013, however, though the council did update its guidelines to include factors a doctor should consider before going down that path".
he would still be daft to date a former patient
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You’ve got the hots for him-it’s a crush.
He is just trying to do his job.

If you want to change doctors feel free but do Not expect him to return your infatuation with anything more than a thank you and/or awkward goodbye.
Just leave him be.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
he would still be daft to date a former patient
I mean it's literally not that deep people can date whoever they want as long as it's consensual
Anonymous #5
Report 4 months ago
I mean it's literally not that deep people can date whoever they want as long as it's consensual
a bit more complicated than that if you are a doctor
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Not without consequences they can’t.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I think you're forgetting that other than being a doctor, he's also an adult male - surely if he managed to get through med school, he's smart enough to decide for himself whether or not he wants to date a patient/ex-patient

even if you know he's single, I'd still bring up a girlfriend/wife in a casual way if the opportunity strikes, just because it sends a message that you're interested if you want to go for it then you can also say what u mentioned, or if you ever talk about restaurants/pubs etc, you could casually say "too bad you're my doctor cause I'd love for you to show me X (a place)"
Yeah, everyone acts as though I would force him to do something, I think he has a mind of his own. I could test the waters and just ask him a bit about what he’s already told me (where he studied etc) and ask whether he and his wife moved her because..or something like that
I guess he’ll take the hint especially if he remembers our first conversation)
Or maybe I could make a joke that I’m indeed always kind of nervous for some weird reason although that’s super direct haha
Do you have any other suggestions, from a mans perspective? I don’t want to be too blunt but he should get the hint I’m interested, but only in something physical, no relationship
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
a bit more complicated than that if you are a doctor
maybe, unnecessarily.

(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Not without consequences they can’t.
yes they can? there are no consequences if something is legal (and even if there were, there shouldn't be cause again, people should be allowed to date whoever they want as long as it's consensual)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
You’ve got the hots for him-it’s a crush.
He is just trying to do his job.

If you want to change doctors feel free but do Not expect him to return your infatuation with anything more than a thank you and/or awkward goodbye.
Just leave him be.
So what, if he’s not interested and I TOTALLY misread the situation, life goes on; at least I won’t regret it - I’m not gonna change my mind; all these posts don’t answer my questions how to subtly show interest; if you’ve got another opinion that’s fine but doesn’t answer my question
Anonymous #5
Report 4 months ago
maybe, unnecessarily.

yes they can? there are no consequences if something is legal (and even if there were, there shouldn't be cause again, people should be allowed to date whoever they want as long as it's consensual)
Again, not as simple as you think. You have no idea what might happen to the former patient in the future - they might claim the doctor raped them, or claim they were manipulated, or a load of other possibilities. It's just not worth it.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Firstly you said consensual and not legal,

And secondly there are many situations in which people can legally date but there are still consequences for them doing so. Losing a job being one of them.

And if you just mean consensual then there are even more situations in which people *can* date but there are consequences for doing so.
Anonymous #1
Again, not as simple as you think. You have no idea what might happen to the former patient in the future - they might claim the doctor raped them, or claim they were manipulated, or a load of other possibilities. It's just not worth it.
Yeah right I have nothing better to do than to accuse him of something that hasnt happened and set feminism back 50 years.
It’s his choice not yours and also we are all adults here and not some bitter teenager;
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
So what, if he’s not interested and I TOTALLY misread the situation, life goes on; at least I won’t regret it - I’m not gonna change my mind; all these posts don’t answer my questions how to subtly show interest; if you’ve got another opinion that’s fine but doesn’t answer my question
Well then do as you please.
Do it as you would any other conquest you want to sleep with.
I just feel sorry for the poor guy.
Anonymous #5
Report 4 months ago
Yeah right I have nothing better to do than to accuse him of something that hasnt happened and set feminism back 50 years.
It’s his choice not yours and also we are all adults here and not some bitter teenager;
I'm not talking about you specifically. And yes, his choice, but if he has any sense, he would not date a patient.
Anonymous #1
Wow that’s actually judgemental and disrespectful on a feminist level - are you implying I’m a * for having a interest in him? That’s just sad. Have a look at yourself and reread my question I don’t care about your judgement; just go to another question
Alicethegirl:)
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah, no, you’re bonkers :bird:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alicethegirl:))
Yeah, no, you’re bonkers :bird:
Yeah no, you’re unhelpful
Alicethegirl:)
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah no, you’re unhelpful
Good. You don’t seem to be understanding everyone else’s reaction and response anyways.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (224)
56.71%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.66%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.39%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (35)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.56%

Watched Threads