This discussion is closed.
jovana
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
its a bit played out.

+++++ silk scarves around the neck
icapturethecastle
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
:yep: looks nice, if done properly and once in a while...not all th time...the blair waldorf thing looks nice...amanda from ugly betty had one a while ago...looks good for work too... but only if u can pull it off:yep:

the britney/avril/emo look is pretty **** looking
Elynnor1811
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
school disco? yes. otherwise, no.
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SiaSiaSia)
I was JUST about to post pictures of her!
Who's that?
Crosseyed And Painless
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I'm a fan, but I have to be, or what would I do with all these ties?
apassingfeeling
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Hmmm I think it would look too much like school uniform, and I don't think they'd look right on someone with larger breasts either. But it depends on what you wear it with, the girl in the pictures posted looks lovely!
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I quite like the look, but not in the way that pic is, more in the Avril Lavigne sorta way.
icapturethecastle
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SillyFencer)
Who's that?
blair waldorf :yep: :love:
EskimoJo
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I think they look nice. Go for it!
Nasher and Basher
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I love ties, I always wanted to go to a school that wore ties. Damn, now thats gone.
xBillyBrownx
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by manmade xoxo)
No I don't mean it in like the avril lavigne or 'slutty' way, I mean it in like a preppy style way.

This is nice.
SiaSiaSia
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SillyFencer)
Who's that?
Blair Waldorf :]
kerrystevens
Report 13 years ago
I can not think of anything worse. I wear one every day for 6th form.

Kerry
StotheL
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tami*)
:yep: looks nice, if done properly and once in a while...not all th time...the blair waldorf thing looks nice...amanda from ugly betty had one a while ago...looks good for work too... but only if u can pull it off:yep:

the britney/avril/emo look is pretty **** looking
Ah, you're a Gossip Girl enthusiast! Where on earth can I buy that contraption Jenny always wears with a white shirt? I believe Blair wears them on occasion too, it's a sort of tie/cravette..looks like something cow boys wear? They wear them in season one during the whole Jenny becoming popular phase! I really want to buy one
manmade xoxo
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by StotheL)
Ah, you're a Gossip Girl enthusiast! Where on earth can I buy that contraption Jenny always wears with a white shirt? I believe Blair wears them on occasion too, it's a sort of tie/cravette..looks like something cow boys wear? They wear them in season one during the whole Jenny becoming popular phase! I really want to buy one
Are you talking about the crossover ties?
http://www.bryanboy.com/bryanboy_le_...over-ties.html
icapturethecastle
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by StotheL)
i think u mean the crossover bow tie?

u can get them here http://www.tiewarehouse.co.uk/index....th=221&sort=2a

not the greatest variety u find them most in uniform shops lol
FoxboroHotTubs:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I wore ties all the time when I was about 15. I think it depends how you pull the look off really. I wore them "Avril" style I suppose you'd say. I think that you have to have the overall "skater" look going for it to work and not just look silly. I couldn't get away with it now.
ljones240
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I think ties on girls can look quite nice but only if worn properly ie. 1: top button fastened and the tie straight and tight or 2: a few buttons undone at the top, collar up with the tie on the inside of the collar - that ones mainly for school disco type stuff though
aforalice
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
When they're wearing ties in gossip girl though that's usually them in their school 'uniform' (if you've read the books they're kinda allowed to wear what they like really as long as it roughly the school colours or whatever). It looks great in the show but in real life that look is super tricky to pull off so it's probably best not to go there. Plus most people are not going to realise that you're channelling Blair and will just be screaming 'ARVRIL!!' inside when they see you!
Dsmall396
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
If you wear it properly, it's unbelievably hot.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.82%
Okay (69)
28.99%
A bit lacking (89)
37.39%
Not good at all (59)
24.79%

Watched Threads