Rodders36
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I've just received my awards letter for September and the bursary has been split over 13 months instead of 12 (there is a payment in September 2022). I was wondering if this correct or if they have made a mistake? I previously studied a year of nursing 10 years ago and it was split over 12 months.
I've been in touch with SAAS but they weren't able to answer my question and said they would get back to me.
Thanks x
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Rodders36)
Hi, I've just received my awards letter for September and the bursary has been split over 13 months instead of 12 (there is a payment in September 2022). I was wondering if this correct or if they have made a mistake? I previously studied a year of nursing 10 years ago and it was split over 12 months.
I've been in touch with SAAS but they weren't able to answer my question and said they would get back to me.
Thanks x
Your academic year is from September to end of August.
Your bursary should be paid over 12 months okay.

Your September 2022 payment will not be paid untill you reapply for 2022/23 academic year bursary in around April next year and same following year.

Hopefully SAAS will get back to you soon on this and give you answer on it.
Unusual for them not to answer this straightway as normally on the case with these things

So where about are you doing your adult nursing.

A NHS Scotland registered midwife ...
Rodders36
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Your academic year is from September to end of August.
Your bursary should be paid over 12 months okay.

Your September 2022 payment will not be paid untill you reapply for 2022/23 academic year bursary in around April next year and same following year.

Hopefully SAAS will get back to you soon on this and give you answer on it.
Unusual for them not to answer this straightway as normally on the case with these things

So where about are you doing your adult nursing.

A NHS Scotland registered midwife ...
Hi Tracey,
Thanks so much for your reply.
I know.. it's really strange as on my awards notice the bursary has been split into 13 payments, the last one being paid on the 1st September 2022. I just wondered if that was standard now. Hopefully they will get back me soon.
I'm going to be doing MH nursing at Napier.
Thanks again x
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Tracey,
Thanks so much for your reply.
I know.. it's really strange as on my awards notice the bursary has been split into 13 payments, the last one being paid on the 1st September 2022. I just wondered if that was standard now. Hopefully they will get back me soon.
I'm going to be doing MH nursing at Napier.
Thanks again x
Hi

I was just thinking have they paying it every 4 weeks or it monthly as same day on each month if you understand this.

I don't know if it standard now but could be technically speaking they paying you on 1st September because of year ends on or about last Friday in August.
Hope they can solve this for you as I know you want to know this like as I would probably been same to.

Wow mental health nursing at Napier as I will tell you now you'll enjoy Napier ok as that's where I did my midwifing about.
I'm from Glasgow but went to Edinburgh for it but but not long got job back home in Glasgow.
I qualified in Summer 2019.

You welcome xx
Rodders36
Rep:
?
Hi

I was just thinking have they paying it every 4 weeks or it monthly as same day on each month if you understand this.

I don't know if it standard now but could be technically speaking they paying you on 1st September because of year ends on or about last Friday in August.
Hope they can solve this for you as I know you want to know this like as I would probably been same to.

Wow mental health nursing at Napier as I will tell you now you'll enjoy Napier ok as that's where I did my midwifing about.
I'm from Glasgow but went to Edinburgh for it but but not long got job back home in Glasgow.
I qualified in Summer 2019.

You welcome xx
Thanks Tracey. Good point about the 4 weeks thing, that could be the reason why but strange that it goes into the next academic year. I'm a mature student with a family so I'm keen to get finances sorted before I make any final decisions.
Ah that's good to hear, it's all very exciting x
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks Tracey. Good point about the 4 weeks thing, that could be the reason why but strange that it goes into the next academic year. I'm a mature student with a family so I'm keen to get finances sorted before I make any final decisions.
I'm trying to remember how often I got my bursary as all I can remember is it was in every month on a certain date.
That's why I thought it could be every 4 weeks but its only just overlapping into new academic year if this is this case like, yeah I was sort of in mature student category to when I went to university.

Yes I understand you are keen to know with working out finances as that's best way to do things.

You obviously got two easy options to do this as you'll know - 1) work out a budget based on it being over 12 calendar months or (2) base it on every 4 weeks so you are prepared when you get a answer from SAAS on it.

You'll be excited to get started soon x
I found staff at Napier helpful when asking things but every course leader will be completely different with students. Facilities are good. Gather you'll be at sighthill campus..!!
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You are paid on 7th of each month or beforehand if falls on weekend or holiday.
Every students get double payment on first payment EXCEPT nursing students as it's just paid on date I said.
This maybe why its 13 payments !!!

Be interesting to know what they say on it...!!
bunnieboo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Last edited by bunnieboo; 1 month ago
bunnieboo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will be at QMU and we are 13 payments mainly on the 1st of each month
Last edited by bunnieboo; 1 month ago
Rodders36
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
You are paid on 7th of each month or beforehand if falls on weekend or holiday.
Every students get double payment on first payment EXCEPT nursing students as it's just paid on date I said.
This maybe why its 13 payments !!!

Be interesting to know what they say on it...!!
Thanks again Tracey. SAAS never did get back to me so I've just resigned myself to the fact that it will be spread over 13 months.
I can't wait to start 😁 Yes, I will be at Sighthill campus x
Rodders36
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by bunnieboo)
I will be at QMU
Are you doing MH nursing? x
bunnieboo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no QMU is adult masters👍
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks again Tracey. SAAS never did get back to me so I've just resigned myself to the fact that it will be spread over 13 months.
I can't wait to start 😁 Yes, I will be at Sighthill campus x
Hi
Would had thought that SAAS would had got back to you with a answer on things but like you said just have to look to it as being 13 months they paying you.

You'll be getting excited as start date approach like but you'll be fine when you get started okay x
Oh you picked a good place to study with Napier and I hope it lives upto it expectations as well for you x
Let's know how you doing with it xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
29.01%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.16%
No I am happy with my choice (72)
54.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed