12 Marker Edexcel Geo A Level

Watch this thread
Bree_Dav
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Heya

From the Edexcel Sample Paper, i'm struggling with the 12 Marker below.

Anyone got any ideas?

Assess the extent to which cultural diffusion caused by globalisation inevitably leads to social and political tension [12]

Thanks
Bree
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
You could start with a statement like "globalisation leads to the intensification of interpersonal relations of social difference" or something like this. talking about process of migration, cultural diffusion and cultural exchange of people and places will inevitably lead to social tensions, right-wing political extremist parties and policies, cultural intolerance and prejudice, racism, xenophobia etc. You could mention things such as illegal or undocumented migration, language barriers and difficulties of cultural assimilation, racism or hate crimes and so on. I don't have any specific case study examples, but some ideas on the news include the French government introducing a ban on hijabs and other religious facewear for Muslim women which leads to anti-Muslim sentiment and islamophobia, rise of extremist parties like Marine Le Pen and the National Rally political party. The same can be said with Donald Trump prohibiting flights from predominantly Muslim countries in the act of "reducing terrorism", and a general anti-Arab sentiment in the USA after the 11 September terrorist attacks in 2001.
Bree_Dav
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Ðeggs)
You could start with a statement like "globalisation leads to the intensification of interpersonal relations of social difference" or something like this. talking about process of migration, cultural diffusion and cultural exchange of people and places will inevitably lead to social tensions, right-wing political extremist parties and policies, cultural intolerance and prejudice, racism, xenophobia etc. You could mention things such as illegal or undocumented migration, language barriers and difficulties of cultural assimilation, racism or hate crimes and so on. I don't have any specific case study examples, but some ideas on the news include the French government introducing a ban on hijabs and other religious facewear for Muslim women which leads to anti-Muslim sentiment and islamophobia, rise of extremist parties like Marine Le Pen and the National Rally political party. The same can be said with Donald Trump prohibiting flights from predominantly Muslim countries in the act of "reducing terrorism", and a general anti-Arab sentiment in the USA after the 11 September terrorist attacks in 2001.
Wow, okay.
That's a lot for me to work with, thank you so much <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
21.11%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.22%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.56%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (21)
23.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.11%

Watched Threads