Oral Health Science - Essex Southend Campus

Watch
chenesel33
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
For those who firmed Essex Uni and the Southend campus for this course can we discuss accomodation options!!!
Thanks.
Raykha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I wonder how many students they offered to study at southend, so far i have only come across 2
Hey. I am thinking of privately renting a room in shared house ( if i cant find any good one) prolly look at uni accommodation but really not up for halls ngl.
chenesel33
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Raykha)
I wonder how many students they offered to study at southend, so far i have only come across 2
Hey. I am thinking of privately renting a room in shared house ( if i cant find any good one) prolly look at uni accommodation but really not up for halls ngl.
I wonder too. I'm looking into finding accomodation but I literally don't know where to start haahaa.
Raykha
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by chenesel33)
I wonder too. I'm looking into finding accomodation but I literally don't know where to start haahaa.
Same. I did look for privately rented room in shared house but their tenancy contracts all starts from june! I did look at student accommodation but tbh they are all same price as privately rented so not sure which one works better tbh
AZZOSEAN96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi , do you know if we would be eligible for the extra funding through the Nhs LSF for the oral health science course?
Raykha
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AZZOSEAN96)
Hi , do you know if we would be eligible for the extra funding through the Nhs LSF for the oral health science course?
I think they say that dental hygiene course is eligible for that funding.
AZZOSEAN96
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you, I look forward to meeting you both in September.
hannahfletch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I'll be studying this course also in septemeber! My friend said it can be a rough area so she stayed in uni student accommodation. I'm not sure what to do yet but leaning more towards that too just for safety and really close to campus. But itll be lovely to meet you all!
chenesel33
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
That makes sense for closeness to campus but i don't think that i could handle living in student halls 😂. Im still looking at rentals and ive seen a few good, reasonably priced ones.
Raykha
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That makes sense for closeness to campus but i don't think that i could handle living in student halls 😂. Im still looking at rentals and ive seen a few good, reasonably priced ones.
Same, m looking to privately rent with another friend.
hannahfletch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Does anyone know anything regarding parking and prices etc. I was hoping to bring my car but looks like it'll cost a bomb!
psx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys is there a group chat yet?
xpip10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Please pm me if you firmed colchester campus 😊
psx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, I’m deferring my place for a year - which means someone on the waiting list will get it!!

Wondering if anyone needs a room to rent in Southend (requires a guarantor) and a 2nd year oral health student lives there! Let me know
chenesel33
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by psx)
Hey guys, I’m deferring my place for a year - which means someone on the waiting list will get it!!

Wondering if anyone needs a room to rent in Southend (requires a guarantor) and a 2nd year oral health student lives there! Let me know
Hi, whereabouts is the room, how big is it and how much is it per month?

Thanks
psx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, whereabouts is the room, how big is it and how much is it per month?

Thanks
Hey,

So it’s in Southend 25 Balmoral Road if you want to put that into maps.

It’s a lovely modern house and room as it was recently redone inside.

It’s £565 a month and £250 deposit.

There’s a bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet very modern that is shared with only one other room - as the others have en-suites.

They’re all students and one student is year 2 hyg student.

It’s 11 months minimum term but that makes sense for our course anyways - it’s not permit parking which is a dream in Southend this genuinely sold it to me that there are parking spaces that don’t need permits! 4 min drive to uni or 10 minute walk.

Let me know if you wanna know anything else feel free to message me
chenesel33
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by psx)
Hey,

So it’s in Southend 25 Balmoral Road if you want to put that into maps.

It’s a lovely modern house and room as it was recently redone inside.

It’s £565 a month and £250 deposit.

There’s a bathroom with a bath, shower and toilet very modern that is shared with only one other room - as the others have en-suites.

They’re all students and one student is year 2 hyg student.

It’s 11 months minimum term but that makes sense for our course anyways - it’s not permit parking which is a dream in Southend this genuinely sold it to me that there are parking spaces that don’t need permits! 4 min drive to uni or 10 minute walk.

Let me know if you wanna know anything else feel free to message me
Hi,
Thank you so much for all that information, I will consider it and let you know.
It sounds pretty great.
psx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
Thank you so much for all that information, I will consider it and let you know.
It sounds pretty great.
That’s okay, yes let me know it’s through an estate agents which makes it a bit more secure. I believe there is also a 2 week communal cleaner!
NadinaM13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey does anyone know if there is a whatsapp group for oral health ? Xx
pizzamargarita
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys, I can create a WhatsApp group for the Southend students, if there isn't one already! Send me your number in dms
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.78%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.12%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.59%
I need help with my personal statement (80)
40.82%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.51%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.53%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.65%

Watched Threads