The Student Room Group

Can't go to uni this year, what do I do

I have chosen my firm and insurance for this year. However, I've had some personal issues that mean that uni isn't the best option for me this year. If I ring my firm and explain and ask them to reject me, would I be automatically released into clearing? Or would I have to ring my insurance after and ask them to reject me too? I'm not interested in clearing courses, I don't want to go to uni at all this year.
go next year
Reply 2
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can withdraw from both your firm and insurance unis.
Reply 3
you could ask your choices to grant you deferred entry
Original post by mfisha
I have chosen my firm and insurance for this year. However, I've had some personal issues that mean that uni isn't the best option for me this year. If I ring my firm and explain and ask them to reject me, would I be automatically released into clearing? Or would I have to ring my insurance after and ask them to reject me too? I'm not interested in clearing courses, I don't want to go to uni at all this year.

If you definitely don’t want to go (and there’s zero chance that the situation will change again between now and September) then you can completely withdraw from ucas on track.

If you like your universities then you can ask them now to defer your offers instead.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
If you definitely don’t want to go (and there’s zero chance that the situation will change again between now and September) then you can completely withdraw from ucas on track.

If you like your universities then you can ask them now to defer your offers instead.

Thanks:smile: I think I'm going to ring ucas and ask how I can withdraw, there's no buttons for withdrawing on track
Original post by mfisha

Heyy

If you are planning on deferring for a year you should contact both your firm and insurance choice admissions team to find out if either university will accept a defferal (not always an option but worthwhile finding out) before going back to UCAS track and declining your offers. This should not enter you into clearing but I've added a link with more information:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing/declining-your-firm-place-track

I hope this helps!

Steph @ ENU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending