The Student Room Group

William Perkins SIxth Form

wondering if anyone has been to william perkins or has a conditional offer because i am unsure if it is worth it.

Scroll to see replies

Heyy I do , which subjects have you applied for?
Reply 2
Original post by alvinagiala
Heyy I do , which subjects have you applied for?

Biology, chemistry and sociology. I also want to get into the scholar program for medicine, but it looks really hard. What do you do?
I applied for Biology , Chemistry Maths and Physics. But I'm not sure if I want to do physics anymore so I might drop that on results day. Same, I want to get into the scholar program for medicine as well , hopefully all goes well. What's your predicted grades if that's okay with you?
Reply 4
I applied for Biology , Chemistry Maths and Physics. But I'm not sure if I want to do physics anymore so I might drop that on results day. Same, I want to get into the scholar program for medicine as well , hopefully all goes well. What's your predicted grades if that's okay with you?

Biology - 7, Maths - 7, English Literature - 7, English Language - 7, Computer Science - 7, RS - 7, Chemistry - 9, Physics - 9, Business - 8
What about you? Also do you have insta or snap?
Heyy those grades are really good .

My predicted grades are -
Biology - 7
Chemistry -7
Physics -7
Maths -9
English language - 7
English Literature -7
Re- 7
Economics - 8
French -7

Yup I've added you on snap.
william perkin is hard to get into i checked there admission criteria and they only allow 40 outside appilcants.come to haydon way better. only needs 4s to get in but it is an amazing school and the people are so nice amd the teachers are so helpful.honestly if you havent checked out haydon do it because you should apply.
Original post by rahmax195
Biology, chemistry and sociology. I also want to get into the scholar program for medicine, but it looks really hard. What do you do?

haydon does that and theyve had 25% of students got into a russel group university. for sociology its a lovely department and the teachers are really good and kind and caring and helpful.
science as well massive department and tonnes of equipment and its a lovely department and lovely kind caring helpful teachers. think about it as you probably dont live far from haydon and deffinately keep it in your options if you have lower gcse grades as ypu only need 4s gor most subjects and 6/7 for sciences and 7 maths
Original post by Lolimscrewedddd
I go there at the moment don’t worry :smile: they make it seem as if it’s hard to get on to the medicine scholars programme but they let everyone who applies onto the programme anyways.
It’s not as hard as it seems but lots of students at the school want to apply for medicine so it’s probably the most active/beneficial scholars programme to be apart of !

Hi , can you please tell me more about the scholar program?

I’m not planning on doing med but a few of my friends are on it
it’s basically a thing where the teachers will email the scholars of any medicine related events opportunities and work experiences
There are some lectures where guest speakers come and talk to the scholars about medicine so like there was one on covid and medicine etc
Basically it’s there’s to help students get more extracurriculars for med and teachers will help students with the whole medicine early application and interview prep
Ahh okay , Can you tell me more about the school itself? I don't really know anyone in William Perkins so can you tell me how the teachers are, the support given , the sixth form life and stuff,..
Ahh okay , Can you tell me more about the school itself? I don't really know anyone in William Perkins so can you tell me how the teachers are, the support given , the sixth form life and stuff,..

It’s acc alright to be honest the teachers go thru content quick so we have time to revise for end of year exams etc but they’re really supportive if you ask them to explain concepts after class
There’s lots of after school catch up and help clinics for maths and bio etc
Sixth form life is ok i mean there’s only one building so everyones always packed together but they’re building a separate sixth form centre so it will get better
school day starts at 8:15 and ends at 12:45 which is nice cos you can leave and go sleep or do work in skl.
People are nice generally but i would say the environment is a bit strict and competitive cos it feels like everyone is so ahead but it’s good motivation.
It’s acc alright to be honest the teachers go thru content quick so we have time to revise for end of year exams etc but they’re really supportive if you ask them to explain concepts after class
Sixth form life is ok i mean there’s only one building so everyones always packed together but they’re building a separate sixth form centre so it will get better
school day starts at 8:15 and ends at 12:45 which is nice cos you can leave and go sleep or do work in skl.
People are nice generally but i would say the environment is a bit strict and competitive cos it feels like everyone is so ahead but it’s good motivation.

Ahh okay , that sounds Good
I’m not planning on doing med but a few of my friends are on it
it’s basically a thing where the teachers will email the scholars of any medicine related events opportunities and work experiences
There are some lectures where guest speakers come and talk to the scholars about medicine so like there was one on covid and medicine etc
Basically it’s there’s to help students get more extracurriculars for med and teachers will help students with the whole medicine early application and interview prep

dont they do that at every school? mine they send us all the time things on show my homework for work expieirence medicine or not a lot of its live on zoom or google meet now but its always coming through

thats lucky. early leave. mine 8:40-2:50 though thats now 3pm because of covid. do you guys do a thing called study skills where you have to do studying in school on a room monitored by a teacher. you have to go as well its not optional? we also get extra lessons from what ive been told for the subjects we do.
Original post by X.243llie
thats lucky. early leave. mine 8:40-2:50 though thats now 3pm because of covid. do you guys do a thing called study skills where you have to do studying in school on a room monitored by a teacher. you have to go as well its not optional? we also get extra lessons from what ive been told for the subjects we do.

no we don’t have that cos people study whenever they feel like it
no we don’t have that cos people study whenever they feel like it

apparently its because the head says that extra revision will benefit us and extra lessons means we will learn and understand more.thats what my business teacher said
Reply 17
Original post by rahmax195
wondering if anyone has been to william perkins or has a conditional offer because i am unsure if it is worth it.

Yh I got one, after looking at their results etc I think it’s a good place to go and I’m really considering it !
Reply 18

william perkin give scholar programes for medicine etc too and their more beneficial than any other school if u wanna do medicine as its a science school they have more, better,reliable and quicker links to professionals and lecturers etc
Reply 19
Original post by cwldn68
william perkin give scholar programes for medicine etc too and their more beneficial than any other school if u wanna do medicine as its a science school they have more, better,reliable and quicker links to professionals and lecturers etc

What sorts of questions do they ask for the interview to come to William's sixth form?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending