The Student Room Group

Trainee software engineer Level 4 at Lloyds Banking Group

Anyone has applied for this? Today I received my situation Strenghs Feedback report.
Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah same I've got mine. The next stage is a video interview. Then, an assessment centre and finally, we are complete. Should we be successful we receive an offer!
Did you have to do the numerical test?
Reply 3
Original post by HabibulElectraYG
Yeah same I've got mine. The next stage is a video interview. Then, an assessment centre and finally, we are complete. Should we be successful we receive

Hello @HabibulElectraYG, thank you for replying.
Did you notice, does your one mention that this doesn't mean a pass, but instead a separately email will be sent with the results if pass or fail. Did you receive the same?
Reply 4
Original post by HabibulElectraYG
Did you have to do the numerical test?

Yes i did it last Friday. I was so nervous as I am not so good with numbers.
Are you familiar with coding?
I am quite new and trying to learn.
The advert did not mention about having experience hence why I applied.
Reply 5
I've also applied, just got invited to do the video questions today.
Reply 6
Original post by AuTalon
I've also applied, just got invited to do the video questions today.

AU Talón,
Thank you for your reply.
All the best, and fingers crossed.
Let us know how it went.
Reply 7
Original post by Gica
AU Talón,
Thank you for your reply.
All the best, and fingers crossed.
Let us know how it went.

The questions were way different than any I've had at other apprenticeships I've applied to, but overall I think I did well. The fact that there were 10 questions kind of caught me off guard, from the others normally there's only 5 or 6.

I'll post back again if I get any response on it.
Reply 8
Original post by AuTalon
The questions were way different than any I've had at other apprenticeships I've applied to, but overall I think I did well. The fact that there were 10 questions kind of caught me off guard, from the others normally there's only 5 or 6.

I'll post back again if I get any response on it.

Hi, that sounds pretty difficult I hope it went well for you, you said the questions were very different what do you mean by that like how so?
Reply 9
Original post by mak1904
Hi, that sounds pretty difficult I hope it went well for you, you said the questions were very different what do you mean by that like how so?

I can't exactly remember now but instead of a question like "Tell me about a time you worked in a team", they instead asked "What are the benefits of working in a team?". Also questions like "How will you manage working and learning at the same time?"

Far less about the experience you have and more so about competency I guess?

To most they're probably easier to answer but I'm just used to experience ones at this point.
Reply 10
Original post by AuTalon
I can't exactly remember now but instead of a question like "Tell me about a time you worked in a team", they instead asked "What are the benefits of working in a team?". Also questions like "How will you manage working and learning at the same time?"

Far less about the experience you have and more so about competency I guess?

To most they're probably easier to answer but I'm just used to experience ones at this point.

I appreciate the quick reply, thank you.

that's interesting though, maybe they're looking for you to include an example from experience within the answer even though they don't ask? I think most of these are processed by a software rather than an actual person straightaway and mostly they look for confidence in what your saying rather than what you are actually saying
Reply 11
Original post by mak1904
I appreciate the quick reply, thank you.

that's interesting though, maybe they're looking for you to include an example from experience within the answer even though they don't ask? I think most of these are processed by a software rather than an actual person straightaway and mostly they look for confidence in what your saying rather than what you are actually saying

Yeah I've actually done one where they straight up said its processed by an AI, and I got an automated email telling me what it thought my strengths and weaknesses were. I didn't think that ones that don't tell you would do it... But I guess alot of them probably use it.

Hopefully I get a reply by the end of this week. I've gotten into the final stages of a few but overall I don't have many applications going on for me right now so getting kind of worried I might end up going to uni!
Original post by AuTalon
Yeah I've actually done one where they straight up said its processed by an AI, and I got an automated email telling me what it thought my strengths and weaknesses were. I didn't think that ones that don't tell you would do it... But I guess alot of them probably use it.

Hopefully I get a reply by the end of this week. I've gotten into the final stages of a few but overall I don't have many applications going on for me right now so getting kind of worried I might end up going to uni!

When's the closing date for the one you've applied to? I applied for level 6 software engineering and the closing date isn't until Friday.
Reply 13
Original post by Captain Swan
When's the closing date for the one you've applied to? I applied for level 6 software engineering and the closing date isn't until Friday.

The closing date was the 21st of May and then it got extended to the 28th of May, but I applied before the 21st anyways.
Original post by AuTalon
The closing date was the 21st of May and then it got extended to the 28th of May, but I applied before the 21st anyways.

Let me know when you hear something. I think they have dates for application to close and a further hard date to for the video interview stage. When they start processing the video interviews I don't know. Or how long it takes them, don't know. Have you had an outcome from your online assessment? If not it's worth following up on it.
Reply 15
Original post by Captain Swan
Let me know when you hear something. I think they have dates for application to close and a further hard date to for the video interview stage. When they start processing the video interviews I don't know. Or how long it takes them, don't know. Have you had an outcome from your online assessment? If not it's worth following up on it.

Still nothing yet... Making it 16 days since I did my video assessment. I'm sure I haven't missed an email because on the online portal it says no action is required and my selection is pending. If I don't get an email by the Thursday which will make it 3 weeks, then I'll email them about it.

I'm wondering if because the other apprenticeships they're offering only closed yesterday (I think), they'll maybe start processing them all now...
Original post by AuTalon
Still nothing yet... Making it 16 days since I did my video assessment. I'm sure I haven't missed an email because on the online portal it says no action is required and my selection is pending. If I don't get an email by the Thursday which will make it 3 weeks, then I'll email them about it.

I'm wondering if because the other apprenticeships they're offering only closed yesterday (I think), they'll maybe start processing them all now...

I'm not sure, i'd've thought the reason to stagger closing dates was to stagger the work. I applied to another apprenticeship with Lloyds and I know the deadline for the video interview stage is tomorrow night. (It closed for application end of May/early June, I think) But the one I mentioned earlier had the closing date yesterday but I did the video interview, 2 and a half weeks ago, so I don't feel like I can follow up on that one soon because that wouldn't be fair on the Lloyds staff or the other candidates.
If you say the level 4 trainee application closing date was 28th May. I'd add approximately 2 weeks to that for the video interview deadline. Then add at least a week or two to go through them all. I don't know how they are working it. If they are doing them in batches kind of as they get a critical mass of them or waiting until after the deadline and then go through them all. On Tuesday, it'll be 3 weeks since my 5 day personal deadline for my video interview for the application I mentioned earlier but people were still able to apply yesterday.

I applied to the BBC scheme as well and whilst they didn't stagger their deadlines, some have heard about 2nd stage and waiting for 3rd stage, others waiting to hear about 2nd stage, I think.
Reply 17
Just got an update saying that we will get responses in early to mid July
Yes, indeed. Have you heard back from them? And what stage are you on?
Original post by Gica
Hello @HabibulElectraYG, thank you for replying.
Did you notice, does your one mention that this doesn't mean a pass, but instead a separately email will be sent with the results if pass or fail. Did you receive the same?
Yes indeed! What stage are you on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending