Gemmahannah11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Can anyone help with the poverty and health journal article unit on the access course..... Unit 17 Health Professionals or Unit 18 Nursing please? I have been trying to get my head around this unit for almost 2 weeks now and I am still stuck!! Any help would be massively appreciated ...... thanks in advance!
Last edited by Gemmahannah11; 3 months ago
username5761748
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well, first off, I have no idea what these unita are about. But in general I am familiar with poverty and health as well as nursing and health professionals . My current Master's course actually tackles these issues on an international level.

What I always noted is, it is not vital what others have to say but often issues with courses can be resolved when you try to explain the content, the issue and the problem to someone who is not totally in the picture of the exact course, hence will maybe ask questions, which aid you to grasp the unit or task.

So maybe you would like to explain a bit more, what it is all about, where you have difficulties, and what exactly you cannot get your head around.
Gemmahannah11
Rep:
?
(Original post by PräGesu)
Well, first off, I have no idea what these unita are about. But in general I am familiar with poverty and health as well as nursing and health professionals . My current Master's course actually tackles these issues on an international level.

What I always noted is, it is not vital what others have to say but often issues with courses can be resolved when you try to explain the content, the issue and the problem to someone who is not totally in the picture of the exact course, hence will maybe ask questions, which aid you to grasp the unit or task.

So maybe you would like to explain a bit more, what it is all about, where you have difficulties, and what exactly you cannot get your head around.
This is the assignment brief. I’m just not sure what to write as the study materials are so vague.

• Describe two sociological approaches to poverty and health. Structural and Agency.
• Explain how Social Scientists’ research and government initiatives have provided a greater insight into the link between poverty and health.
• Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.
username5761748
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Have you researched some of the sources quoted in the surveys?

Have you conducted any additional research on the issues such as for example the linked aspects of health determinants, social inequalities or Social Development Goals (SDG).

Sometimes broadening your view or focusing on specific concepts assists in grasping a specific topic.
gemmam08
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m just starting and also confused, which approaches do they want us to discuss?? For
Section 1.1? Micro and macro, agency or structural or sociological and political?
Gemmahannah11
Rep:
?
(Original post by gemmam08)
I’m just starting and also confused, which approaches do they want us to discuss?? For
Section 1.1? Micro and macro, agency or structural or sociological and political?
Agency and structural.
Gerishom
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Don't rush through these prompts. I find them straight forward, and I believe there's a vast number of resources you can use to complete this assignment.
gemmam08
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Gemmahannah11)
Agency and structural.
Thankyou, have you written yours yet? Would love some more guidance on layout etc
Gemmahannah11
Rep:
?
(Original post by gemmam08)
Thankyou, have you written yours yet? Would love some more guidance on layout etc
Nope, still totally stuck! 3 weeks now I’ve been staring at this one 🙈
Gerishom
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do you have any class materials related to this?
stacy14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
has anyone completed this unit yet?
i have been stuck for sometime and my time is running out
India_gmb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi has any got a clue about this unit? xx
Helma1277
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi did you complete this unit? I submit it twice but my tutor sent me back and need more details. Could you please help me?
India_gmb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Helma1277)
Hi did you complete this unit? I submit it twice but my tutor sent me back and need more details. Could you please help me?
I need help. I can’t even start. xx 😭😭
Helma1277
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by India_gmb)
I need help. I can’t even start. xx 😭😭
I wrote all the question but the tutor said still need to work.
Helma1277
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you researched some of the sources quoted in the surveys?

Have you conducted any additional research on the issues such as for example the linked aspects of health determinants, social inequalities or Social Development Goals (SDG).

Sometimes broadening your view or focusing on specific concepts assists in grasping a specific topic.
Could you please help me if you done? I complete my journal and sumit for teo time but the tutor sent it back and this is my third time for submit.Could you please help me ):
username5761748
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Helma1277)
Could you please help me if you done? I complete my journal and sumit for teo time but the tutor sent it back and this is my third time for submit.Could you please help me ):
Of you read my post carefully, I gave general assisstance but I am not enrolled in your program.
Helma1277
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of you read my post carefully, I gave general assisstance but I am not enrolled in your program.
Sorry I didn`nt see your post. Thank you
joannalou36
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone completed this? I really need some help please xx
AnastasiaLou20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone managed to finish this unit? If you have please can you message me as I am completely stuck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.19%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.77%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
16.17%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.37%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
26.95%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (31)
18.56%

Watched Threads