The Student Room Group

Ottogi Jin Jjajang Ramen, is it halal?

So I have been debating whether to consume this ramen or not. I’ve checked the ingredients but I’m still unsure. The packet that contains the dried vegetables have dried pork in it. If I don’t use the dried vegetables with pork and just use the sauce packet, can I still eat it? Please check the ingredients I’m still in a dilemma.
NOODLE:WHEAT FLOUR(WHEAT:AUSTRALIA),POTATO STARCH(IMPORTED:biggrin:ENMARK,FRANCE,GERMANY),MODIFIED STARCH,PALM OIL(MALYASIA),WHEAT GLUTEN,SALT,YEAST EXTRACT,EMULSIFIED OIL(SOYBEAN OIL,D-SORBITOL,SOYBEAN LECITHIN,GLYCERIN ESTERS OF FATTY ACIDS),ACIDITY REGULATOR(POTASSIUM CARBONATE,SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATE),ONION EXTRACT,CALDIUM(EGG SHELL),GUAR GUM,SODIUM ALGINATE,CELLULOSE GUM,RIBOFLAVIN,GREEN TEA FLAVORED OIL SOUP:JJAJANG SEASONING SAUCE(BLACK BEAN PASTE,CARAMEL,SALT),FRUCTO OLIGOSACCHARIDE,WATER,JJAJANG SEASONING POWDER,SUGAR,VEGETABLE OIL,YEAST EXTRACT POWDER,ONION OIL,FLAVOR ENHANCER,ONION OIL,NUTRIENT,CARAMEL POWDER,ROASTED ONION BASE,ONION OIL,VEGETABLE OIL POWDER(PALM OIL,MILK),SESAME OIL,GINGER POWDER,SALT,DEHYDRATED CABBAGE,SOYBEAN PROTEIN,TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN(SOY,WHEAT),DEHYDRATED ONION,DEHYDRATED PEA,DEHYDRATED FRIED POTATO [CONTAINS WHEAT,SOYBEAN,EGG,MILK,BEEF,PORK,CHICKEN] - This product is produced in manufacturing facilities producing products containing pork, buckwheat, squid, shrimp, crab, mackerel, peanut, shellfish (including oysters and mussels).
In my opinion, you should not consume the product as a whole, as there is a very high chance of cross contamination. It is very likely that there are traces of pork in the sauce and noodles itself, as it is manufactured in the same production plant. It is defiantly best to play it safe and not eat food that is doubtful. So yes, don't consume this brand of ramen.

Quick Reply

Latest