The Student Room Group

M&S Teams Interview

Hello! I have an online interview for Marks & Spencer through Microsoft Teams tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing one through Teams. I’m also wondering if anyone knows when or how I will receive a link to join the call? Thanks! 😊

Scroll to see replies

the link should be included in the confirmation email. The interview includes a few different questions, just answer honestly and you'll be fine :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Middlefriendsoph
Hello! I have an online interview for Marks & Spencer through Microsoft Teams tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing one through Teams. I’m also wondering if anyone knows when or how I will receive a link to join the call? Thanks! 😊

How was your interview? I've got mine on Monday and i'm so nervous :frown:
Original post by Lvnaooo
How was your interview? I've got mine on Monday and i'm so nervous :frown:

I had to do it through the phone as the manager hadn’t been sent a Teams link either! The interview was actually fine, there was no role play and it was very typical questions such as “Why M&S?”, do I have any previous experience, what would make a good customer assistant, etc. I was offered the job even though I don’t think I answered the questions too well so you’ll be fine! Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
I had to do it through the phone as the manager hadn’t been sent a Teams link either! The interview was actually fine, there was no role play and it was very typical questions such as “Why M&S?”, do I have any previous experience, what would make a good customer assistant, etc. I was offered the job even though I don’t think I answered the questions too well so you’ll be fine! Good luck :smile:

Congrats on the job!! I wish my one was a phone interview😅 and thanks for the help:smile:
Original post by Lvnaooo
Congrats on the job!! I wish my one was a phone interview😅 and thanks for the help:smile:

Thank you! And good luck, I honestly think they just want to hire as many people as they can (or at least at the store I applied for) x

Hi there ! I have my interview on tuesday and didnt recieve a link either. What phone number do I use to call them on the day?
Original post by jasdheudjdu
Hi there ! I have my interview on tuesday and didnt recieve a link either. What phone number do I use to call them on the day?

If you have an email confirming your interview, there should be a phone number at the bottom (I can’t remember what it is at the moment, sorry!). Although that number didn’t help me much as I couldn’t get through to my branch, so the manager of the store I was applying for actually called me instead. Good luck!
If you have an email confirming your interview, there should be a phone number at the bottom (I can’t remember what it is at the moment, sorry!). Although that number didn’t help me much as I couldn’t get through to my branch, so the manager of the store I was applying for actually called me instead. Good luck!

Thank you! Another question sorry, so the manager called you during the time of the interview? Im afraid that they might not know that they forgot to send me the link and then just assume that I didn't turn up. Is it best if I call my branch or call the number given to me?
Sorry :frown:
Thank you! Another question sorry, so the manager called you during the time of the interview? Im afraid that they might not know that they forgot to send me the link and then just assume that I didn't turn up. Is it best if I call my branch or call the number given to me?
Sorry :frown:

Hey, no problem! I was super nervous too. Yes, the manager called me about 5 minutes after the start time (I assumed I wasn’t going to have an interview at that point) and she actually told me that they hadn’t been sent a link either, so your branch (assuming it’s a different one!) will probably be the same. If you can find a number for the specific branch it’s probably better to call that, because the number in the email will just go to a person who tells you how to call the branch directly.
Hey, no problem! I was super nervous too. Yes, the manager called me about 5 minutes after the start time (I assumed I wasn’t going to have an interview at that point) and she actually told me that they hadn’t been sent a link either, so your branch (assuming it’s a different one!) will probably be the same. If you can find a number for the specific branch it’s probably better to call that, because the number in the email will just go to a person who tells you how to call the branch directly.

Hi :smile: Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it so much x
Hi :smile: Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it so much x

It’s all good! Good luck for your interview :smile: x
i have my interview tomorrow morning, very nervous as i’ve had a few interviews previously and had no luck🍀🤞
Original post by elliesalt
i have my interview tomorrow morning, very nervous as i’ve had a few interviews previously and had no luck🍀🤞

how did it go? i have mine tomorrow and only had 1 interveiw in the past. is there a role play?
Reply 14
Original post by mollieeannee293
how did it go? i have mine tomorrow and only had 1 interveiw in the past. is there a role play?

Hi how did your interview go?? Was there any role play and what sort of questions did they ask? It’s my first interview so I’m very nervous:frown:
Original post by An1711
Hi how did your interview go?? Was there any role play and what sort of questions did they ask? It’s my first interview so I’m very nervous:frown:

they never showed up lol, mine was on teams. waited 1 hour on teams no one showed up so i emailed them straight away and no one has replied still. i’m fuming about it because if it was the other way round i wouldn’t get the job, but good luck! i had my first interview a few days before i was meant to have the m&s one and it goes so quick so just try and be as confident. also don’t think they do role play over teams so i wouldn’t worry about that but i’m not sure.
Reply 16
Original post by mollieeannee293
they never showed up lol, mine was on teams. waited 1 hour on teams no one showed up so i emailed them straight away and no one has replied still. i’m fuming about it because if it was the other way round i wouldn’t get the job, but good luck! i had my first interview a few days before i was meant to have the m&s one and it goes so quick so just try and be as confident. also don’t think they do role play over teams so i wouldn’t worry about that but i’m not sure.

Omg wth that’s so annoying and they haven’t even replied. Yh I assumed there would be no role play but I just wanted to make and ty for replying x
Hi the interview through teams is it video call or just a phone call?
Reply 18

How soon after your interview did you get made an offer or was an induction offered? I had a Microsoft Teams interview and they said they'd get back to me, but it's been days later than the latest date they said they would by, just checking if this is normal or if I should cut my losses?
Reply 19
Hi can I ask, was the team’s interview just you and the interviewer or was there in there people on the call?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending