C1 questions in a C2 exam? Watch

This discussion is closed.
DOJO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Does anyone know if they will stick C1 questions in a C2 exam. For example, in C2 you have geometeric series to learn, but nothing on arithmatic as that is C1, so will they stick arithmatic series on a C2 paper, to make it harder for us?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope. Just check the specification. All that stuff that'll be in the exam will be in there.
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Nope. Just check the specification. All that stuff that'll be in the exam will be in there.
I am just worried that they will do that, becuase in the C1 exam I just realised that the co-ordinate geometry question was a C2 question. The thign about finding the midpoints, and the equaton of the line for the midpoint was a C2 question, clearly.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They won't do anything like putting arithmetic ones into the spec when you only need to know about geometric ones but what they will do is expect you to know some of the fundamentals from previous papers
e.g. you learn how to find midpoints of lines etc and tangents in P1. (different specification to you but bear with me) So you might be asked to do that in order to form a cartesian equation in P4 (in fact we quite frequently are...)

They can ask you directly linked things which you use to get to a final answer but htey can't ask you about completely unrelated stuff
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In my p3 exam i did in january last year they asked a p1 type question which threw me (volumes of revolution) i did ocr mei
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ALL of the Edexcel specs. contain a Prerequisites section which is phrased in the same way.

In many applied modules, assumptions are also made about acquired and retained knowledge of Pure modules.

For example, the preamble to the M3 spec goes...

"A knowledge of the specification for M1 and M2.... together with a knowledge of differentiation, integration and differential equations as specified in P1,P2,P3 is assumed and may be tested..."

If the P4 paper retests my knowledge of P3 vectors, I shall kill someone...

Aitch
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Aitch)
ALL of the Edexcel specs. contain a Prerequisites section which is phrased in the same way.

In many applied modules, assumptions are also made about acquired and retained knowledge of Pure modules.

For example, the preamble to the M3 spec goes...

"A knowledge of the specification for M1 and M2.... together with a knowledge of differentiation, integration and differential equations as specified in P1,P2,P3 is assumed and may be tested..."

If the P4 paper retests my knowledge of P3 vectors, I shall kill someone...

Aitch
...sod's law
JHJH
Report 14 years ago
It is possible they could ask a c1 question in c2, however it is unlikely. They may expect you to do something from c1 in a part of a question.
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DOJO)
I am just worried that they will do that, becuase in the C1 exam I just realised that the co-ordinate geometry question was a C2 question. The thign about finding the midpoints, and the equaton of the line for the midpoint was a C2 question, clearly.
it wasnt
davidreesjones
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think C1 questions are likely to appear at least in parts of questions - the "applied" calculus relies on stuff in C1, as does co-ordinate geometry of the circle and algebra section
supanogi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they could certainly ask you a c1 question, i was doing a c2 paper today and something on arithmatic series came up, but then they joined it with a geometric question, and in all formula sheet, they say ' candidates sitting the C2 exam may need forumlae from the C1 section'.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.91%
Leave (435)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed