The Student Room Group

Tutor upset me

I did this work the and I got a pretty low score which isn't the best but I tried to just see the bright side and be positive, I said that "it's not that bad" because it wasn't the best but it could have been worse and she replied with "that's the worst thing I have heard in my life". I'm sick of it, I finish in June but I might have to go back in September. I have had my tutor laugh at me on numerous occasions as well as other staff, I have had other students making fun of me, I have had staff trying to dictate how to get to college numerous times, im sick and tired of being treated like ****. I had a bad year and I just am so down right now. I've got college tomorrow as well and have to deal with all this **** for another ****ing month atleast and potentially another year from September.
Hey feel free to write to me for moral support if you want.

they should never have said: "I said that "it's not that bad" because it wasn't the best but it could have been worse and she replied with "that's the worst thing I have heard in my life""

That's not just impolite it's unprofessional for a teacher.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I did this work the and I got a pretty low score which isn't the best but I tried to just see the bright side and be positive, I said that "it's not that bad" because it wasn't the best but it could have been worse and she replied with "that's the worst thing I have heard in my life". I'm sick of it, I finish in June but I might have to go back in September. I have had my tutor laugh at me on numerous occasions as well as other staff, I have had other students making fun of me, I have had staff trying to dictate how to get to college numerous times, im sick and tired of being treated like ****. I had a bad year and I just am so down right now. I've got college tomorrow as well and have to deal with all this **** for another ****ing month atleast and potentially another year from September.

Work hard and prove them wrong. Youll shame them for their laughter and benefit. Dont worry - youre more than capable
Reply 3
Original post by Daisycho
Work hard and prove them wrong. Youll shame them for their laughter and benefit. Dont worry - youre more than capable

Its not about work, it's just about how it's making me feel
Imo, saying "it's not that bad" when you do badly shows a lack of inside and a lack of willingness to improve rather than trying to be positive. Sorry you are having a tough time at college though. Perhaps doing something less academic than continuing to struggle would be the better thing to do - not everyone is academic.
Imo, saying "it's not that bad" when you do badly shows a lack of inside and a lack of willingness to improve rather than trying to be positive. Sorry you are having a tough time at college though. Perhaps doing something less academic than continuing to struggle would be the better thing to do - not everyone is academic.

I thought the same thing, after all, if you could mark your work accurately, it would be your job. However, I don't think there's any circumstances ever where a teacher would be justified in saying: "that's the worst thing I have heard in my life"
Reply 6

I was just saying its not that bad because it could have been been worse so no. I try to be positive because it better for me, if I be negative and didn't say anything I just will start feeling more and more down
Reply 7
Original post by LauraforChrist
I thought the same thing, after all, if you could mark your work accurately, it would be your job. However, I don't think there's any circumstances ever where a teacher would be justified in saying: "that's the worst thing I have heard in my life"

How do I mark it if I don't know the answers
I was just saying its not that bad because it could have been been worse so no. I try to be positive because it better for me, if I be negative and didn't say anything I just will start feeling more and more down

Why continue with college when it's making you feel like this? Seems pointless, especially if you won't manage to get any qualifications in the end. Do an apprenticeship or go get a job, why put yourself through this?
How do I mark it if I don't know the answers

I was replying that because you said: ''it's not that bad'' - how can you know that? if you're not the teacher. Maybe it really is that bad, but it doesn't justify how the teacher spoke to you (if what you said is word for word)
I was replying that because you said: ''it's not that bad'' - how can you know that? if you're not the teacher. Maybe it really is that bad, but it doesn't justify how the teacher spoke to you (if what you said is word for word)

Because when I said it after it was marked
Because when I said it after it was marked

So confusing... did you get many things wrong?
So confusing... did you get many things wrong?

I'd rather not say
I'd rather not say

well, I'm still supporting you because no teacher should speak to you like that, if the teacher really did say exactly those words to you :'(
well, I'm still supporting you because no teacher should speak to you like that, if the teacher really did say exactly those words to you :'(

I think I got 2/5, it was just basically a few questions I had to do
Reply 15
I did this work the and I got a pretty low score which isn't the best but I tried to just see the bright side and be positive, I said that "it's not that bad" because it wasn't the best but it could have been worse and she replied with "that's the worst thing I have heard in my life".

I have had staff trying to dictate how to get to college numerous times,

You should be asking how you can improve your work instead of showing an attitude of not caring.

Why are the staff telling you how to get to college? Is this because there are issues with late arrival or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending