The Student Room Group

Dont want to go college on tomorrow

I just dont want to go college tomorrow because i dont like it in general and I have had a rough time, with college, *I have had my*tutor*laugh at me on numerous occasions as well as other staff, I have had other students making fun of me, I have had staff trying to dictate how to get to college numerous times, im sick and tired of being treated like ****. I dont even know what its but I think im better off staying at home. I just dont like my course. I just dont know where this course is getting me and we get treated like what you kids and it put me down. My mates outside college are working and im at college being treated like a child. Im just sick and tired of being treated like im some kid im 21 years old I need to be treated like an adult.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I just dont want to go college tomorrow because i dont like it in general and I have had a rough time, with college, *I have had my*tutor*laugh at me on numerous occasions as well as other staff, I have had other students making fun of me, I have had staff trying to dictate how to get to college numerous times, im sick and tired of being treated like ****. I dont even know what its but I think im better off staying at home. I just dont like my course. I just dont know where this course is getting me and we get treated like what you kids and it put me down. My mates outside college are working and im at college being treated like a child. Im just sick and tired of being treated like im some kid im 21 years old I need to be treated like an adult.

Hey there, hang in there okay. I'm not in college, I'm a university graduate. But I can empathize. There was a lecturer at my uni who make fun of students, picked on them, refused to take their answers in class, said some very crude things. I ended up taking it to the student union and the head of school, long story short... He doesn't have any affiliation with that course anymore :wink: What I am trying to say is... Is there any higher board of authority in your college that you could talk to about this? If you have a student union making an anonymous complaint is a good place to start. There should by rights also be a mental health faculty as well. It might sound dramatic but if you're unhappy with the way you are being treated, don't be afraid to overdramatise a little. Sometimes people don't listen until you get dramatic about it, sadly this world is THAT messed up. I wouldn't drop out because of these horrible people. We tend not to enjoy things when people make it hard for us to do so. Don't let a few bullies ruin your education okay? You can do this. I believe in you.
Reply 2
Original post by DragonPreistess
Hey there, hang in there okay. I'm not in college, I'm a university graduate. But I can empathize. There was a lecturer at my uni who make fun of students, picked on them, refused to take their answers in class, said some very crude things. I ended up taking it to the student union and the head of school, long story short... He doesn't have any affiliation with that course anymore :wink: What I am trying to say is... Is there any higher board of authority in your college that you could talk to about this? If you have a student union making an anonymous complaint is a good place to start. There should by rights also be a mental health faculty as well. It might sound dramatic but if you're unhappy with the way you are being treated, don't be afraid to overdramatise a little. Sometimes people don't listen until you get dramatic about it, sadly this world is THAT messed up. I wouldn't drop out because of these horrible people. We tend not to enjoy things when people make it hard for us to do so. Don't let a few bullies ruin your education okay? You can do this. I believe in you.

I've tried reporting the staff member who tried to tell me how to get there and I think they got told of put another staff member did it
I've tried reporting the staff member who tried to tell me how to get there and I think they got told of put another staff member did it

Hmmm, perhaps you need to elivate it higher. Is there a mental health/ counselling group at the college? Pretty much everywhere needs to have these places now by law. Going there would be s good shout. They will likely have more authority in this than another teacher will, it will get taken more seriously too.
Reply 4
Hmmm, perhaps you need to elivate it higher. Is there a mental health/ counselling group at the college? Pretty much everywhere needs to have these places now by law. Going there would be s good shout. They will likely have more authority in this than another teacher will, it will get taken more seriously too.

I might have a talk then to the counsellor
Honestly, I would do that. They are more likely to be able to do something. Highlight that it makes you miserable and makes you want to abandon your education. And dramatise it if you have to. But they will be able to do more. Mental health is such an important focus these days and if you highlight that the behaviour of these people if affecting yours , then they will 100% help you out. You've got this!

I might have a talk then to the counsellor

Definately, go for it. Mental health is do important these days, and it's really highlighted in everything. As I say dramatise if you have to, but you can do this. They will be able to help you of they see it's affecting your mental health.
Reply 6
Honestly, I would do that. They are more likely to be able to do something. Highlight that it makes you miserable and makes you want to abandon your education. And dramatise it if you have to. But they will be able to do more. Mental health is such an important focus these days and if you highlight that the behaviour of these people if affecting yours , then they will 100% help you out. You've got this!

Definately, go for it. Mental health is do important these days, and it's really highlighted in everything. As I say dramatise if you have to, but you can do this. They will be able to help you of they see it's affecting your mental health.

I dont know if I should go in tomorrow
Me too ngl, I honestly feel like a failure everytime I go, feel dumber and dumber everytime I get something wrong, feeling the weight of all those people judging you.... honestly, I crack under it :smile: especially when im doing medecine.

But fam, you got this!
My teachers used to ignore me and make fun of me in front of the class in 6th form. But I had no choice but to be there. If you are 18, no one can stop you from quitting college and getting a job - why not just do that?
My teachers used to ignore me and make fun of me in front of the class in 6th form. But I had no choice but to be there. If you are 18, no one can stop you from quitting college and getting a job - why not just do that?

*over 18

I'm not 18
Me too ngl, I honestly feel like a failure everytime I go, feel dumber and dumber everytime I get something wrong, feeling the weight of all those people judging you.... honestly, I crack under it :smile: especially when im doing medecine.

But fam, you got this!

I don't know mate
*over 18

It's hard to get a job with covid etc but I might do after I leave college
I dont know if I should go in tomorrow

Do it. Go in there and seek out the counsellor. Don't let the haters and bullies take control of your life. This is your life and your education, do not let them have an effect on your future okay? You've got this, you can do it. You are strong, you are brave and you are the designer of your future.
I don't know mate

If you don't mind, (im in year 12) what A levels are you doing?
It's hard to get a job with covid etc but I might do after I leave college

have you tried looking for a job?
If you don't mind, (im in year 12) what A levels are you doing?

I'm not doing a levels, it course work

have you tried looking for a job?

Not yet

Do it. Go in there and seek out the counsellor. Don't let the haters and bullies take control of your life. This is your life and your education, do not let them have an effect on your future okay? You've got this, you can do it. You are strong, you are brave and you are the designer of your future.

What if the counsellor can't do anything though
Don’t go
Original post by Ivyreign
Don’t go

I'll leave it then
I'll leave it then

You know what? IGORE THE HATERS. Wanna know why?
Because you're better than them. i know it sounds really cliche and sh**, but believe me when i say this, there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel. If it helps, imagine, or remember what you were really proud of in your course work, and focus on that memory, and use it to motivate you.

If that doesn't work, then use the anger that life is punching you, and turn it against it. Will you let life keep letting you down, or will you do something about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending