Can I transfer Uni in The 3rd year? HELP!!!!

Watch
notaboutit21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I need to know, since I am obviously going to fail the Dissertation Module, would it be possible to get transferred to another university and complete the module there? Would any university accept me unde these circumstances? To Study only the Main module?

These two module leaders have only one purpose: to scr*w me by any means. They ve done it before, they are doing it again, and I am 100% sure that if I continue at this uni, I won t ever graduate. Yeah, it s one of those situations...😅

Thank you!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Third year transfers are rare - especially if you just want to retake the dissertation module.

You don’t mention what subject your degree is in but your best option might be to transfer credits to Open University.
notaboutit21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Oh my god, that is exactly what I was checking out last night ( The open university)
I am currently studying criminology, so yeah, I am aware this might get a little tricky. Do you think the open university might accept such things?

Thank you so much!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by notaboutit21)
Oh my god, that is exactly what I was checking out last night ( The open university)
I am currently studying criminology, so yeah, I am aware this might get a little tricky. Do you think the open university might accept such things?

Thank you so much!
Best way to find out is to apply and ask
http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/apply/credit-transfer
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by notaboutit21)

Thank you so much!
The OU is set up to award credit transfers like this very often.
You get to choose three different degree titles and they will assess how many credits they can give you to each degree-the max they will award is 240. That leaves you with 120credits at level three (third year) to complete a full degree.
It may be that they can award the full 240 to their criminology degree, or they may only award it to their Open Degree.
It is free to apply and you are under no obligation to go through with it if you don’t want to.

Your other option if you fail your dissertation module is to perhaps look for unis that do a Top-up degree in the subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
25.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
9.3%
No I am happy with my choice (25)
58.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.98%

Watched Threads