The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE or St. Andrews for IR?

Hello Student Room community! I need your help. I'm torn between two equally compelling offers. 1) MSc International Relations at LSE, 2) MLitt MECCA Security Studies at St. Andrews.

I was fixated on LSE until yesterday (competitive programme, London charm, opportunities for internships,etc). I've even accepted my offer and booked accommodation. BUT, St. Andrews granted me an international merit award of 10,000 GBP. The substantially reduced cost is causing me to rethink my decision to go to LSE. I haven't received any funding from LSE yet and I don't think I'm likely to get any.

As an International Student coming from India, LSE is ridiculously expensive. What should I be doing? Would it make strong sense if I attended LSE anyway, declining the offer from St. Andrews? Where should I go?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AdityaCholan
Hello Student Room community! I need your help. I'm torn between equally compelling offers. 1) MSc International Relations at LSE, 2) MLitt MECCA Security Studies at St. Andrews.

I was fixated on LSE until yesterday (competitive programme, London charm, opportunities for internships,etc). I've even accepted my offer and booked accommodation. BUT, St. Andrews granted me an international merit award of 10,000 GBP. The substantially reduced cost is causing me to rethink my decision to go to LSE. I haven't received any funding from LSE yet and I don't think I'm likely to get any.

As an International Student coming from India, LSE is ridiculously expensive. What should I be doing? Would it make strong sense if I attended LSE anyway, declining the offer from St. Andrews? Where should I go?

we are not in a position to tell you which one to choose... however we can tell you about the pros and cons of the uni we have attended, but to be honest you are probably aware of most of them....
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending