Masters choices

Watch this thread
arsalan1209
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey guys, I've applied and been accepted to some of the following Masters programs. I'm waiting for all the responses before deciding but with the deadline looming I would appreciate any advice as I'm super indecisive.

For context my Bachelor's was a BA Liberal Arts with law as my major and econ as my minor.

I'm slightly more in favor of the shorter programs as I think the potential additional year of professional experience outweighs the additional semesters still studying. Also, when it comes to law, maybe incorrectly, I favor an LLM over an MA, but I could be wrong about thinking it's better.

Other than that, I'm interested in development and would like to go into that field, whether it be for government organisations, the UN, NGOs, etc. I'm flexible between all those choices.

Thanks for any help!

LSE: MSc Development Studies - 2 semesters

Sussex: MA Development Studies - 2 semesters

Manchester: MSc International Development: Globalisation, Trade and Industry - 2 semesters

University of Geneva/Tsinghua Dual Degree: MSc Human Development, Innovation and Sustainability/Masters of Public Policy for SDGs - 5 semesters

University of Geneva: MSc Economics - 3 semesters

Graduate Institute Geneva: MA International Law - 4 semesters

SOAS: LLM Law, Development, and Globalisation - 2 semesters
amandamm
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Dealing with similar situation!

King's - MSc Emerging Economies and International Development
Sussex - MA International Education and Development Studies
SOAS - MSc Development Studies
UCL - MA Education and International Development
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
21.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
17.39%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
26.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
21.74%

Watched Threads