HANGRY123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Ok, so I have a maths test tomorrow and have no idea what a "graphs of complex functions" is. Can someone please help?
Notnek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HANGRY123)
Ok, so I have a maths test tomorrow and have no idea what a "graphs of complex functions" is. Can someone please help?
Have you looked at your textbook? I don't recommend trying to understand a whole topic by reading forum posts. If you have a particular question(s) then post it here with your attempt and we can help.
HANGRY123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notnek)
Have you looked at your textbook? I don't recommend trying to understand a whole topic by reading forum posts. If you have a particular question(s) then post it here with your attempt and we can help.
It isn't in my textbook but it is on my checklist - I have no idea what it is or about tbh :confused:
Notnek
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It isn't in my textbook but it is on my checklist - I have no idea what it is or about tbh :confused:
Look for "argand diagrams" in the index of your textbook. If it's not there then can you say what exam your are doing, what textbook you have and where you got the checklist from?
HANGRY123
Rep:
?
Look for "argand diagrams" in the index of your textbook. If it's not there then can you say what exam your are doing, what textbook you have and where you got the checklist from?
I'm doing GCSE Edexcel, I have the Edexcel revision guide for mathematics (higher) and I got my checklist from school.
Notnek
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm doing GCSE Edexcel, I have the Edexcel revision guide for mathematics (higher) and I got my checklist from school.
I think your checklist has used an unfortunate term "complex" since this is a mathematical word but it's not part of GCSE. They mean graphs of "harder" functions.

From the spec:

A12 recognise, sketch and interpret graphs of linear functions, quadratic
functions, simple cubic functions, the reciprocal function y = 1/x = with x ≠ 0,
Last edited by Notnek; 4 months ago
unplayable
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think your textbook has used an unfortunate term "complex" since this is a mathematical word but it's not part of GCSE. They mean graphs of "harder" functions.

From the spec:

A12 recognise, sketch and interpret graphs of linear functions, quadratic
functions, simple cubic functions, the reciprocal function y = 1/x = with x ≠ 0,
also exponential functions (in the form y=ab^x) and trigonometric functions (sin, cos and tan) if you're doing higher
HANGRY123
Rep:
?
Oh thanks! Why can't they just put that?!?

Thanks again
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh thanks! Why can't they just put that?!?

Thanks again
In my opinion it is because whoever wrote that part of the checklist was either careless and/or lazy. Well done for actually asking and taking the trouble to find out - a lot of students may just have ignored it. Good luck with your revision and exams.
Notnek
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by unplayable)
also exponential functions (in the form y=ab^x) and trigonometric functions (sin, cos and tan) if you're doing higher
Thanks, I didn't copy/paste all of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads