PPE from Oxford or Finance from LSE? Which has better career prospects/prestige?

Watch
_shehryar_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm an international student planning on applying for either PPE or Finance. The thing is I believe PPE would only be a valuable degree in the future for job prospects in the corporate sector if it's from Oxford. If not, a BSc in Finance or A&F from LSE would be more prestigious I think. Therefore I'm deciding whether to apply and work towards Oxford for PPE or ditch Oxford and aim for LSE Finance.
I know both degrees can technically get jobs in the corporate sector but my question; is there any difference between the two in terms of employability? Would I be better off aiming for Finance from LSE or PPE from Oxford, or would they both generate the same outcomes ultimately?
physgradstudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They're both highly competitive courses and you can't guarantee you'll get an offer if you apply. Why not apply to both and decide when you get offers?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _shehryar_)
The thing is I believe PPE would only be a valuable degree in the future for job prospects in the corporate sector if it's from Oxford.
what you believe is wrong, and a ppe degree is very employable as any good degree from any good university, especially in the corporate sector. less so for quantitative jobs, since oxford's ppe course in particular isn't very quantitiative relative to finance, but nonetheless you are oddly dismissive
leviticus.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah in the UK the degree itself doesn't matter, you can study music and get into investment banking (as long as its at a target school which both Oxford and LSE are so the course itself is irrelevant). You can only have one personal statement, LSE care about it a lot. Apply to PPE at both institutions. PPE at either school is step 1 for internships and things like that, there's more important things they look for in interviews and online tests
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (66)
22.15%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
44.97%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.42%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed