Accommodation in Belfast

Watch this thread
User4566378
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone I am going into second year at Queen's University Belfast. Due to Covid, I never got the chance to live in halls and make friends so I don't have anyone to live with next year. I thought about finding other people in a similar situation on Facebook pages and find ahouse with them but I'm worried about moving into a house with strangers. There is also Stranmillis halls which I hear are good. Does anyone have any thoughts on either ofthe two or have any advice?
Thank you
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by User4566378)
Hi everyone I am going into second year at Queen's University Belfast. Due to Covid, I never got the chance to live in halls and make friends so I don't have anyone to live with next year. I thought about finding other people in a similar situation on Facebook pages and find ahouse with them but I'm worried about moving into a house with strangers. There is also Stranmillis halls which I hear are good. Does anyone have any thoughts on either ofthe two or have any advice?
Thank you
Hi,

Sorry about your situation, it's really unfortunate that your first year experience wasn't the best Belfast student housing help on FB is a good page, and Student Roost, Botanic Studios and Stran halls are good options if you'd rather not live with some people you don't know very well. I know a few people who have lived in Student Roost accommodation and really liked it.

Hope this helps.
Emily, Team Queen's
Shouston
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey I understand your situation completely!! Me and two other students are going to be moving into a nice house in bt9 the lease is from July of this year - July 2022, it’s quite a cheap room especially in comparison to what you would pay for student accommodation (350pm) we need one more flatmate who is preferably a student and up for making friends with us and having a chill house !! If you’re interested you can drop me a PM (Ps. We can call first or you can chat with the other two if it would make you feel more comfortable!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (89)
67.42%
No (29)
21.97%
I didn't use it to prepare (14)
10.61%

Watched Threads