?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
and how soon after do you start volunteering
biyaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I have recently started volunteering at bhf. I’m not sure how it was for others but on my induction day I was shown around and had to confirm my details, they also asked for references. I started the week after induction day, I’m not sure if that’s the case with everyone though. Hope you have an amazing time if you end up volunteering there!!
michaela_x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by biyaaa)
Hey, I have recently started volunteering at bhf. I’m not sure how it was for others but on my induction day I was shown around and had to confirm my details, they also asked for references. I started the week after induction day, I’m not sure if that’s the case with everyone though. Hope you have an amazing time if you end up volunteering there!!
how did you even manage to volunteer because i applied to volunteer about a week ago online and still haven’t hear anything from them
biyaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by michaela_x)
how did you even manage to volunteer because i applied to volunteer about a week ago online and still haven’t hear anything from them
Don’t worry, I got a reply after a month. Once you get a reply the process is quite fast
moso2203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Oh the induction was quite brief, I started soon after but I'm in a furniture n electrical store so I was just in the back by myself testing items... I'm gonna go to the clothes store and ask if I can try there, maybe it might be a bit more fun
michaela_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t worry, I got a reply after a month. Once you get a reply the process is quite fast
okay cah i was planning to walk up there and ask them face to face. sure u saying i should just wait😭
emran44
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I never contacted them i just walked into there and asked if i could volunteer, I walked in on a friday, they told me to come in on Monday at 10 am, on Monday they gave me a couple of leaflets to read, filled a form with really basic info, they asked for refrences however i told them i dont have any beside my school, they were ok with that. On the same day i said I can only volunteer Saturday and Sunday, since i am busy with school the other days, they told me to come in on Saturday. That day they just showed me around and told me the basic info I need, and started working on that day.

Thats how I started within a week.
biyaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
okay cah i was planning to walk up there and ask them face to face. sure u saying i should just wait😭
You could just go and ask or you could call them
Jahsnahahaha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What type of questions do they ask u in the interview if they have one?
biyaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jahsnahahaha)
What type of questions do they ask u in the interview if they have one?
They went through the questions that were already asked on the volunteering form e.g. why do you want to volunteer?
michaela_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could just go and ask or you could call them
dww i found a way and have my induction thingy any day next week (it was supppsed to be a wednesday but i’m busy) then they said i can come any day which i found odd because at first they said to choose between friday saturday and next week wednesday as if it HAD to be a scheduled meeting 🤷🏾*♀️
biyaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dww i found a way and have my induction thingy any day next week (it was supppsed to be a wednesday but i’m busy) then they said i can come any day which i found odd because at first they said to choose between friday saturday and next week wednesday as if it HAD to be a scheduled meeting 🤷🏾*♀️
Good luck! Hope you enjoy it
Samantha. Isaacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm going in for a chat on Thursday about volunteering for the bhf. I'll be in the furniture shop
Nitebot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Samantha. Isaacs)
I'm going in for a chat on Thursday about volunteering for the bhf. I'll be in the furniture shop
Hello Samantha. It’s Mandark from DS in one of my other guises! Fancy seeing you here. Small world! :eek:
Samantha. Isaacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nitebot)
Hello Samantha. It’s Mandark from DS in one of my other guises! Fancy seeing you here. Small world! :eek:
Joined this forum today 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed