The Student Room Group

Anxiety about not graduating university is killing me and everything I worked for

Hi everyone,

I have my last deadline for third year of uni in 2 weeks, (thus finishing university for good) and I’m so behind on my work I have done the minimum and I can’t bring myself to do the rest I have to do cause of my ongoing mental health and physical health, and anxiety about how I’m not good enough to graduate or that I’m going to fail the work that I hand in at the end of my course due to me not doing the work to the standard that I want.

I usually overwork myself and am very hard on myself, I’ve been going through physical health issues in and out of hospital from the stress of fear that i won’t graduate and I feel like I’ve given up on my written work from the uncertainty and health issues

So far I have gotten straight A’s and B’s at uni but the tutors can’t tell us anything about the direction of our grades they say they aren’t allowed to. So I don’t know how dependant this last submission is in terms of the minimum grade I need to get to be able to graduate.. all I know is that this last submission is part of a third of our graduation grade is all they can tell us.

Please don’t tell me to ask the university for clarity on this as I have already asked many times and their response is always ‘no one who graduated last year got a bad grade everyone will do fine’

I guess if anyone knows about university grades or has any experiences with their university grades or graduation and can talk to me I’d appreciate hearing your thoughts -

thank you all
Original post by Anonymous
You need to get a grip. There are plenty of people who do not graduate and they don't even go uni at all. It's actually not the end of the world and stop being so dramatic.

That response isn’t even constructive..
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You need to get a grip. There are plenty of people who do not graduate and they don't even go uni at all. It's actually not the end of the world and stop being so dramatic.

I mean it seems pretty heavy to lose the last 5 years of progress and no direction for the future if I don’t graduate? that’s not being dramatic
What university is it?
Their assessment policy and classification calculation should be accessible to you.
You can catch up with your work and then graduate

Quick Reply

Latest