university of sheffield, thought on these flats?

Watch this thread
Babyjelly45
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thoughts on crescent flats, crewe flats, crescent houses, vale flats, and city broad lane court?
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Babyjelly45)
thoughts on crescent flats, crewe flats, crescent houses, vale flats, and city broad lane court?
Hi,

I'm a current student at Sheffield and I lived in Crescent Flats during first year. Crescent Flats is one of the cheaper university halls, which means that you sacrifice having a lounge area, the kitchen is quite small, and you share a shower with around 4 other people [you'll probably have to do this at some point during your time at uni anyway]. On the plus side, my room was pretty big, my flatmates were all lovely, and the location meant that we didn't get the noise from the main part of Endcliffe, whilst also being close enough to see your mates in Ranmoor or Endcliffe really easily.

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Daniel
Third Year
MBiolSci Biology with a Year Abroad
happydayys
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Crewe flats is seriously where you want to be.

Okay soL
1. Massive rooms like the biggest ive ever seen
2. Reall light rooms
3. Kitchens are an okay size
4. Right by endcliffe and ranmooore so super easy to see any mates outside of Crewe

But the best thing about Crewe is deffo the community. It’s SUCH a tight knit community, you’ll get to know everyone by the end of the year. Super super social, can have the occasional massive parities as away from the edge. Get the whole of endcliffe to Crewe for our monthly flat parities as well. Crewe gives you such an identity within sheffield.

Seriously cannot recommend enough
Last edited by happydayys; 2 months ago
Cheesey1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I saw another post here saying crewe is nice, but also a very loud area, due to
happydayys
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Cheesey1)
I saw another post here saying crewe is nice, but also a very loud area, due
Yeah tbf would second that

Think its cos we’re quite far from the edge and i feel like endcliffe accom management kind of forget about crewe so can get away with being much louder after 11 than probably on endcliffe

Great social life though so pros and cons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.67%
As I expected (67)
31.9%
Harder (79)
37.62%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.81%

Watched Threads