Part-time jobs for students in Edinburgh

Watch
GreatBritishMag
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

I'm looking into part-time jobs in Edinburgh that students can do around their studies – wondered if anyone lives (or has lived) there and has any experience in finding casual work for weekends and holidays etc?

Would be great to know if there are any popular places that students go to for jobs? Know there must be lots in retail and hospitality too!

Thanks so much.
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by GreatBritishMag)
Hi,

I'm looking into part-time jobs in Edinburgh that students can do around their studies – wondered if anyone lives (or has lived) there and has any experience in finding casual work for weekends and holidays etc?

Would be great to know if there are any popular places that students go to for jobs? Know there must be lots in retail and hospitality too!

Thanks so much.
Hi
You hit it on the head with retail & hospitality.
Look at likes of say Boots ( take on people from 15 although you older ) , tesco, sainsburys, asda, Morrison's intend to want people at 18 yrs old although will take on 16 yrs plus with restrictions due to age okay, also lots of other retailers.

Most young students tend to go for McDonald's or KFC.

Then try local café & shops within area you'll be living as a student in Edinburgh.

When you apply for jobs do make sure that you apply for weekends and anything from after you finish your day at university as they will presume you willing to work anytime.

I worked part-time job throughout my students days doing weekends as I was already working in it from age firthteen and a half and still there yet.
I completed my degree and I am currently doing another degree course and I am able to work round working there while at university and also on any placements.
It's doable if you willing to do it and don't let your studies fall behind.

I live in edinburgh as been there all my life.
going2fail
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Littleemma98)
Hi
You hit it on the head with retail & hospitality.
Look at likes of say Boots ( take on people from 15 although you older ) , tesco, sainsburys, asda, Morrison's intend to want people at 18 yrs old although will take on 16 yrs plus with restrictions due to age okay, also lots of other retailers.

Most young students tend to go for McDonald's or KFC.

Then try local café & shops within area you'll be living as a student in Edinburgh.

When you apply for jobs do make sure that you apply for weekends and anything from after you finish your day at university as they will presume you willing to work anytime.

I worked part-time job throughout my students days doing weekends as I was already working in it from age firthteen and a half and still there yet.
I completed my degree and I am currently doing another degree course and I am able to work round working there while at university and also on any placements.
It's doable if you willing to do it and don't let your studies fall behind.

I live in edinburgh as been there all my life.
Do you think reatil/hospitality or working in mac Donald or any fast food place pays better
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by going2fail)
Do you think reatil/hospitality or working in mac Donald or any fast food place pays better
I would say retail is better pay but sometimes you got to take anything as a student !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (20)
7.66%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.62%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.56%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (72)
27.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise