caterpillar2003
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hamdaaaa)
adjustment is always an option! so if you do summer retakes and you do better than your predicted grades, then apply via adjustment. my course of action is, im gonna put my all into autumn exams, if it doesnt go well then ill do summer retakes and adjust on results day. im wishing you all the best!!!!
Thank you so much for the reply, I had no idea you could apply that way. I’ll definitely look into it
McDonaldsEmploy
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zoe.nyaku)
Does anyone know of any private centres that could give grades if (hopefully not) exams are cancelled
Exactly this.

Need a plan B
ProProgrammer1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sapphire280902)
If you are planning on only retaking Biology then you would have to put down all 3 subject grades you got from TAG and then you would also write your predicted grade for Biology. I am also hoping to retake exams in summer rather than autumn.
So if you for example got BBC as your TAG and you are now predicted a B in Biology you could apply to universities asking for BBB.
Hi, I am also planning to take exams in Summer 2022. Do you think the Universities differetiate between the Autumn Exams (2021) and Summer Exams(2022)? Will the University prefer one over the other? I want to study Computer Science at University. My A Levels are CompSci, Maths, Physics.
Thanks
km_mk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ProProgrammer1)
Hi, I am also planning to take exams in Summer 2022. Do you think the Universities differetiate between the Autumn Exams (2021) and Summer Exams(2022)? Will the University prefer one over the other? I want to study Computer Science at University. My A Levels are CompSci, Maths, Physics.
Thanks
have you recieved any knowledge about this? i am in a similar boat at the moment
ProProgrammer1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by km_mk2)
have you recieved any knowledge about this? i am in a similar boat at the moment
Don't ask anyone in my openion. You should ask THE UNOVERSITIES YOU WANT TO GO TO BY EMAILING THEM AND ASK YOUR SCHOOL.
annaleo28282
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi.
I’m in the same situation and am resitting 2 a levels (Spanish and Geography) as I got BBB overall and needed AAB.
Does anyone know how much is would cost to resit?

Thank you
Hansrajsingh19
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I have just resat an a level in the autumn term and I want to resit another in the summer of 2022. I decided to resit each subject at separate times because I wanted to focus on each subject individually. This allowed me to put my all in to the autumn term resit and concentrate on what I needed to do because last year I was all over the place due to the amount of lockdowns, being on and off of study, it was just too much to handle.For the autumn resit I feel as though I smashed it. However the summer exam I have concerns about. Can anyone tell me if the exams for 2022 resits be the same as year 13's exams where there will be advance information on what exams will cover or will it be a normal exam.
aliaa03
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hansrajsingh19)
I have just resat an a level in the autumn term and I want to resit another in the summer of 2022. I decided to resit each subject at separate times because I wanted to focus on each subject individually. This allowed me to put my all in to the autumn term resit and concentrate on what I needed to do because last year I was all over the place due to the amount of lockdowns, being on and off of study, it was just too much to handle.For the autumn resit I feel as though I smashed it. However the summer exam I have concerns about. Can anyone tell me if the exams for 2022 resits be the same as year 13's exams where there will be advance information on what exams will cover or will it be a normal exam.
no if you sit an exam in summer 2022 you’ll get advanced topic notice
pumpkinspice123
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McDonaldsEmploy)
Exactly this.

Need a plan B
https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/up...-2022-FAQs.pdf

This document is quite informative. jcq say they will upload a list of exam centres that private candidates can enter, they also say that they will tell us on the same list which exam centres will work with the candidates and give them TAGs if exams get cancelled. They say that the centres would examine the students in a shorter period of time to determine their TAGs.
Nicolas.Readen
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by icecreamvanilla2)
No I'm in my second year but I have basically been told the grades
I'll get.
What I'm saying is is I want to resit Biology and Chemistry in Summer 2022 but I don't want to risk the government making another U-turn and cancelling them, so I'm unsure of whether to take the Autumn resits in 2021 as I don't know if learning missed content for 2 a levels as well as improving and revising all the topics in 4 months is possible.
If you do your a levels in autumn, u will receive ur results on December 16th or around that date and you will be able to apply on UCAS in that session, so for UCAS 2023 where you will be in your first year of uni starting Oct/Sep 2023.
nhabib521
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hi is there Autumn A level Exams?
nhabib521
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hi guys will there be Autumn 2022 A level optional exams?
aliaa03
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by nhabib521)
Hi guys will there be Autumn 2022 A level optional exams?
hello !!! in Autumn the only exams that run are GCSE maths and English.

the only reason we have had the autumn exams for the past 2 years was due to TAG/ exams being cancelled. However as exams are set to go ahead as normal, there will be no A level resit series this autumn, you can only retake in summer 2023
obsolentbutcool
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
If you are planning on only retaking Biology then you would have to put down all 3 subject grades you got from TAG and then you would also write your predicted grade for Biology. I am also hoping to retake exams in summer rather than autumn.
So if you for example got BBC as your TAG and you are now predicted a B in Biology you could apply to universities asking for BBB.
Heya, any updates on what you did regarding re sits.

I'm in a sticky situation where I have to re sit but I'm more concerned about my predicted grades because I got C D E and I want to apply to medicine so they will instantly reject me when they see on UCAS predicted grades of BCD or how do predicted grades work in regards to re sits. Do I get them before I do my re sits or after and who gives them.
hamdaaaa
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by obsolentbutcool)
Heya, any updates on what you did regarding re sits.

I'm in a sticky situation where I have to re sit but I'm more concerned about my predicted grades because I got C D E and I want to apply to medicine so they will instantly reject me when they see on UCAS predicted grades of BCD or how do predicted grades work in regards to re sits. Do I get them before I do my re sits or after and who gives them.
Hi I’m in a similar position to you and can answer your questions. The school you attend gives you predicted grades for the resits, and you inform your unis of these predicted grades. Last summer I got AACC, with the two Cs being in bio and chem. as a med applicant I needed these grades to go up, so I took the autumn exams. I was predicted two Bs by my school for the autumn exams. I then got a B in biology and a C in chemistry, so I informed my uni that I will be taking summer exams this year in both subjects. My school has now predicted me an A and a B.

So you will receive your predicted grades before you do the resits and you have to provide your unis with these grades first. Every school comes up with predicted grades differently but my school had a policy of not predicting students anything less than a C, and your predicted grades will be one grade higher than your mock/achieved grade.

I applied contextually for medicine so the grade requirements are lower, for example im applying to kings for the EMDP and their requirements are ABB. and for UCL, the contextual offer is AAB.

Idk where you can apply with predicted grades that are lower than a B though, so I’d recommend finding a way to persuade your school to at least predict you Bs
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Hi I’m in a similar position to you and can answer your questions. The school you attend gives you predicted grades for the resits, and you inform your unis of these predicted grades. Last summer I got AACC, with the two Cs being in bio and chem. as a med applicant I needed these grades to go up, so I took the autumn exams. I was predicted two Bs by my school for the autumn exams. I then got a B in biology and a C in chemistry, so I informed my uni that I will be taking summer exams this year in both subjects. My school has now predicted me an A and a B.

So you will receive your predicted grades before you do the resits and you have to provide your unis with these grades first. Every school comes up with predicted grades differently but my school had a policy of not predicting students anything less than a C, and your predicted grades will be one grade higher than your mock/achieved grade.

I applied contextually for medicine so the grade requirements are lower, for example im applying to kings for the EMDP and their requirements are ABB. and for UCL, the contextual offer is AAB.

Idk where you can apply with predicted grades that are lower than a B though, so I’d recommend finding a way to persuade your school to at least predict you Bs
oh god i very very highly doubt my science teachers will predict me anything above a D. and also i wrote a mistake i got a U in chemistry not an E. So what do i do now with my re sit results in autumn 2021 being C D U. Thank you for all your help btw
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
my TAGs were like D E E and my re sit results in Autumn 2021 were C D U. I want to apply for medicine (yes i know i sound crazy with the results i got but im now more than ever determined and focused unlike before). If my predicted grades are based on my re sit grades i would probably get like B C E which is not good enough for medicine. I need some help on what to do please.
hamdaaaa
Rep:
Report 6 hours ago
oh god i very very highly doubt my science teachers will predict me anything above a D. and also i wrote a mistake i got a U in chemistry not an E. So what do i do now with my re sit results in autumn 2021 being C D U. Thank you for all your help btw
So I just want to clarify a few things: did you apply early entry this year for medicine? If so then did you take the UCAT/BMAT this year? What did you get in them?

You take the best grade in each subject from both the CAGs and the autumn exam, so your final results are CDE, because your CAG is an E which is better than a U

I think if I was in your position, I would work my ass off to get As in those subjects this summer, and then go into clearing for medicine. But this depends on what your UCAT/BMAT score was, because medicine via clearing is always way more competitive.

And are you willing to go on another gap year? How determined are you to go into medicine, because if that’s what you really want to do I’d consider taking another year out once you get the grades this year.

Have you heard back from any of the unis that you applied to for medicine? If you have already been rejected from them all then you can go into UCAS extra

I’m sure ecolier can be of much more help then me, I’ll tag them so they can give u some advice.
Last edited by hamdaaaa; 6 hours ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 hours ago
my TAGs were like D E E and my re sit results in Autumn 2021 were C D U. I want to apply for medicine (yes i know i sound crazy with the results i got but im now more than ever determined and focused unlike before). If my predicted grades are based on my re sit grades i would probably get like B C E which is not good enough for medicine. I need some help on what to do please.
As said, I don't want to be harsh but do you think you can get AAA? You'd really need to get this before you can start planning.

Medical courses don't require high grades solely because of supply and demand, it's because the course can be demanding too. I very much doubt an E student (these days) would make it through the course.

...I’m sure ecolier can be of much more help then me, I’ll tag them so they can give u some advice.
:ta:

I did actually reply to OP a day ago but was ignored: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...postcount=9507
Last edited by ecolier; 6 hours ago
hamdaaaa
Rep:
Report 6 hours ago
(Original post by ecolier)
:ta:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise