StaceyHG
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve been offered a place on a HNC Childhood Practice course but have just been rejected for my course fees and bursary as I previously completed a HNC course in 2010 (fine art).
I was under the impression that I’d be able to receive one extra year of funding but SAAS customer chat have said that I won’t as I already have a HNC qualification. I spoke to the funding dept at the college and they said they can only help with some childcare and I can apply for the loan from SAAS, but without the fees and bursary there’s no way I can manage, I’m absolutely gutted as I’ve worked hard to get a place on this course and was so excited about getting the qualification I need for a job in early years and making a better life for myself and my kids. The course I did in 2010 has been of no relevance since I finished, but as a teenager I wasn’t thinking properly about what job I could get after college I just wanted to paint and draw.
Do I have any options at all to get help with my funding? Would it be worth appealing or are they just going to tell me the same thing again? Any advice would be appreciated I’m really hoping for a way to do this course!
Lullabellz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I am in the exact same situation, same course and everything. I studied at college when I was very young and completed an HNC which also has no relevance and it's something I very quickly regretted. I am also considering appealing but I am unsure on what grounds, sorry I'm not much help but I am following this post and I wish you the best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads