Usernamesaredum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I want to do psychology at uni (i’m doing the a level as well), which one should i do? My other subjects are Religious Studies and History
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Computer science is good but most exam board have a coursework component which does take up a lot if time in year 2. On the other hand biology is VERY content heavy. Have you studied computer science a level?
username5701218
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Usernamesaredum)
I want to do psychology at uni (i’m doing the a level as well), which one should i do? My other subjects are Religious Studies and History
I believe certain psychology courses actually require biology? but if the course you want to do doesn't, I dont see why you shouldn't choose CS. I've never done CS, but my friends who do like it, I've done biology and I have to say it's not the content that's hard, it's the exam technique so be prepared to drag yourself through a lot of past papers if you want to get a moderately good grade (not to put you off tho - if you find it interesting you'll be fine)

I'd say check if the uni courses you want to do require biology, even if they don't, id still consider it as it overlaps with psych a level a bit, and if you want to do it at uni, you'd deffo have to like biology (as there is a lot of biology within the degree)
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Both are probably equal when it comes to difficulty having done them myself. As someone has mentioned already, there is a programming coursework element to CS but that shouldn't be difficult at all.

Biology probably aligns with psychology better, though.
Last edited by Blue_Cow; 2 months ago
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Usernamesaredum
hello! I'm currently doing my MSc in Psychology (following a Sociology degree - it's like signing from one sports team to their rival)

I've checked some Universities for you, and I common theme is a BBB A level profile in terms of the grades that you will need. Those three A levels sound fine, I would be tempted to do a sciency one as well if you can because the most useful psychology degree's are a BSc and not a BA, so it would be good prep for the science side (which is not that hard)

It's slightly different if you are doing an Access program instead of A levels, with sociology, psychology, and criminology, and biology/human sciences being the best array of modules

have you thought about doing your psychology degree at Arden, the progression onto the MSc is pretty awesome (and I love the course), why not check us out! Our entry requirements are more flexible to accommodate learners from around the globe https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/unde...psychology-bps

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.91%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.18%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.45%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.36%

Watched Threads