The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS or Edinburgh or Manchester for Chinese studies

Hello everyone, I hope you can help me to decide between my three offers. I live in London but have not seen any of the places in real life due to lockdowns. Did Chimese Pre-U at A level, predicted all A*. SOAS asks for AAB and Edinburgh/Manchester for ABB so should be able to get in all of them.

Which one is better from the academic and employment perspective? I’ve read mixed reviews about SOAS but also heard that it is small and friendly and everyone knows each other which is nice. Would be grateful for all your thougjts and feedback.
Original post by Lanalon
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me to decide between my three offers. I live in London but have not seen any of the places in real life due to lockdowns. Did Chimese Pre-U at A level, predicted all A*. SOAS asks for AAB and Edinburgh/Manchester for ABB so should be able to get in all of them.

Which one is better from the academic and employment perspective? I’ve read mixed reviews about SOAS but also heard that it is small and friendly and everyone knows each other which is nice. Would be grateful for all your thougjts and feedback.

Hi there! Congrats on your 3 offers! I read BA Chinese (Modern and Classical) at SOAS, and have recently graduated. Please message me for more information which I could provide in depth.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by tigerslash123
Hi there! Congrats on your 3 offers! I read BA Chinese (Modern and Classical) at SOAS, and have recently graduated. Please message me for more information which I could provide in depth.

Thank you so much! Will do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending