ib french ab initio level

Watch
isabellazafe
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am doing french ab initio and I was wondering what the conversation of proficiency is.
Is a grade 7 in ab into french a level B2 or lower?
Basically what level of french do I need to be to get a 7?
IBkidinthecorner
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I've just had a look at this link:
https://www.ibo.org/globalassets/pub...summary-en.pdf
It uses English as an example, but basically a grade 5-6 in French B SL would be equivalent to level B2, which would mean that French Ab Initio would be lower. I did French B so I can't tell you specifics, but I think Ab Initio is more about learning fluency and different verb tenses than anything else, so I think B1 level should be sufficient to get a 7.
isabellazafe
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
T

(Original post by IBkidinthecorner)
Hi, I've just had a look at this link:
https://www.ibo.org/globalassets/pub...summary-en.pdf
It uses English as an example, but basically a grade 5-6 in French B SL would be equivalent to level B2, which would mean that French Ab Initio would be lower. I did French B so I can't tell you specifics, but I think Ab Initio is more about learning fluency and different verb tenses than anything else, so I think B1 level should be sufficient to get a 7.
thank you! also, if I was a B2 (even B1) do u think I would be able to have a conversation with a french speaker like I would with a friend? i.e. make jokes, respond quickly
IBkidinthecorner
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I think so; production of text e.g. making jokes, speaking quickly and coherently should be fine, what I for one certainly find harder is understanding everything that is being said when speaking to multiple fluent speakers at once.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads