kinkinkin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does Warwick have spaces for Economics via UCAS adjustment? I am an offer holder of A F, and I want to change my course to Economics. But there are no spaces available now. So, I’m wondering can I apply for a course change to economics via UCAS adjustment. I’m quite not sure whether economics will have a space for adjustment since it’s competitive. Has there anyone tried this before?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by kinkinkin)
Does Warwick have spaces for Economics via UCAS adjustment? I am an offer holder of A F, and I want to change my course to Economics. But there are no spaces available now. So, I’m wondering can I apply for a course change to economics via UCAS adjustment. I’m quite not sure whether economics will have a space for adjustment since it’s competitive. Has there anyone tried this before?
If they are not considering transfers from existing offer holders, it is very unlikely they will be open to Adjustment apps.

However there is no harm in contacting them to check. The process is detailed here:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected

Edit: When you say "there are no spaces", do you mean the course is closed on UCAS or that you have asked about swapping course and that's what they said?
Last edited by Admit-One; 3 months ago
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
1) Email the Uni now and ask that you be considered for Economics on Results Day if there is a space.
2) Phone them in mid-July to see if anything has changed.
3) Phone them on Results Day to ask them again.

Adjustment is for people trying to 'trade up' to another Uni with higher entry requirements - not for switching courses at the same Uni.
kinkinkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
1) Email the Uni now and ask that you be considered for Economics on Results Day if there is a space.
2) Phone them in mid-July to see if anything has changed.
3) Phone them on Results Day to ask them again.

Adjustment is for people trying to 'trade up' to another Uni with higher entry requirements - not for switching courses at the same Uni.
But economics do have the higher entry requirement than AF, I thought it might be fine?? I’m not sure, I will email them to ask.
kinkinkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
If they are not considering transfers from existing offer holders, it is very unlikely they will be open to Adjustment apps.

However there is no harm in contacting them to check. The process is detailed here:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected

Edit: When you say "there are no spaces", do you mean the course is closed on UCAS or that you have asked about swapping course and that's what they said?
I asked for a course swapping, but they said there are no spaces now. So I am considering whether it will have spaces on adjustment. It takes so much time for them to respond..
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by kinkinkin)
I asked for a course swapping, but they said there are no spaces now. So I am considering whether it will have spaces on adjustment. It takes so much time for them to respond..
Okay, I hadn't realised initially that you were an A&F offer holder at Warwick. As above, you wouldn't need to use Adjustment to swap, it would just be a case of asking them which you have aready done. I would recommend following McGinger's advice above. Phone them if at all possible. If not, use Livechat if they have one. They are likely to be inundated with emails and won't be able to respond quick enough, especially around results time.

To set your expectations, if the course is closed now, I thik it very unlikely that a swap will be possible, but you can keep checking with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise