The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Clearing

With Clearing right around the corner we know there's a lot of anticipation leading up to this!
If you have any questions please give us a shout!
Original post by ENUOfficial
With Clearing right around the corner we know there's a lot of anticipation leading up to this!

Why is a chemical compound answering questions on clearing??? 😁
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by ENUOfficial

If I’ve changed my mind about the course I’ve got an offer for, will I be able to just apply for any other through clearing sorry I don’t fully understand how it works
Original post by ageshallnot
Why is a chemical compound answering questions on clearing??? 😁

Haha I like it!!
Original post by FreshPrince102
If I’ve changed my mind about the course I’ve got an offer for, will I be able to just apply for any other through clearing sorry I don’t fully understand how it works

Heyy

You have to decline the offer that you already have through UCAS but any course that you apply for after 30th June will automatically enter you into clearing. You can find available vacancies through UCAS or call the universities directly when clearing opens on the 5th July.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing#how-does-clearing-work

If there's anything else that we can help with, please give us a shout!

Thanks

Steph @ ENU

Is the new course at the same university as your firm? Or at one of your other universities that you declined offers for?
Original post by PQ
Is the new course at the same university as your firm? Or at one of your other universities that you declined offers for?

Same
Same

Then you don’t need to use clearing or extra or anything.

Just ring up your firm on Tuesday and ask them if a change of course is possible
Reply 9
My biggest concerns are: interviews and references. I am in Xtra now and I expect I will have to provide both.

If I was to go into clearing, would an interview still take place? and would I still be required to provide a reference? What are the main things universities look at in clearing?

I'll be applying for an allied healthcare course btw.
Original post by Nairb98
My biggest concerns are: interviews and references. I am in Xtra now and I expect I will have to provide both.

If I was to go into clearing, would an interview still take place? and would I still be required to provide a reference? What are the main things universities look at in clearing?

For health professions courses interviews and references are generally no negotiable.
Original post by Nairb98

References are required for every course application, any course that requires an interview will be the same process even if you apply through clearing.

They will review your grades on an individual basis so be sure to provide as much relevant information as possible for any course that you have taken and passed. :smile:
Hi,
I was given a conditional offer to study business management. The condition is that I pass an "access to he business management" course. Unfortunately, I'm not going to get my work marked on time to pass the qualification. However, I do have a HND in Computing that I studied several years ago.

Do you think that they would accept this instead? Its not a relevant qualification i don't think, that's what worries me. However, because a HND is a level 5 qualification (equivalent of university year 2), could this prove to them that I'm capable?

Thanks
Original post by lewisadamslja
Hi,
I was given a conditional offer to study business management. The condition is that I pass an "access to he business management" course. Unfortunately, I'm not going to get my work marked on time to pass the qualification. However, I do have a HND in Computing that I studied several years ago.

Do you think that they would accept this instead? Its not a relevant qualification i don't think, that's what worries me. However, because a HND is a level 5 qualification (equivalent of university year 2), could this prove to them that I'm capable?

Thanks

You need to explain to them that you aren’t going to pass your access diploma and that you forgot to declare an old HND qualification and ask them what your options are. It’s 100% at their discretion.
Original post by lewisadamslja
Hi,

Thanks

Heyy

Please contact our admissions teams regarding this information and they will be able to confirm If this will be considered based on your grade from the HND as well as when you completed this.

If there is anything else that we can help with, please give us a shout!

Thanks

Steph @ ENU

Quick Reply

Latest